Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Essay topic help

Old 04-13-2004, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Essay topic help

As part of my final in my English course, my professor wants us to write a 10 page argumentative essay. We have only one chance to submit a topic to him. If he rejects it, we have to do a topic assigned by him. All of his topics are extremely difficult to research and he stated himself that he wouldn't want to write an essay over his topics.

I wanted to see if anyone here could help me out with a strong topic, which I could research thoroughly. We can choose just about anything except for the common subjects (abortion, death penalty, etc.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jose
Old 04-13-2004, 06:28 PM

Here's my essay thesis:

Although pro-gays have made a steady uprise towards equality, the entertainment industry, in particular animated sitcoms, have taken a comedic approach to homosexuality.

All my primary sources are episodes of the Simpsons, Family Guy, and Futurama.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:42 PM

Here's one I just thought of that I think is pretty good. Argue for or against the notion that the US should act unilateraly. This is a topic that you should be able to thoroughly research. But then again if this doesn't interest you, then don't do it. The best essay's are those in which the writer was passioante about what he wrote. Good luck.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:14 PM

Thanks for the suggestions.

I kinda wanted to stay away from a political topic, mainly because I'm not sure if the professor is able to set his beliefs aside and read my paper unbiased. As an instructer he should have an unbiased perspective, but it's something I really don't want to risk.

I decided to write about spaying and neutering with relation to the over population of animals. Like you said I have to write about something that interests me and since I plan to base my career around animals this is something of high interest.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:11 PM

write about cloning. describe the negative n positive aspect of it