S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Off-topic Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/off-topic-talk-3/)
-   -   Ever see those cars with the big Nike swoosh on the rear window? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/off-topic-talk-3/ever-see-those-cars-big-nike-swoosh-rear-window-176481/)

[ llcrayonll |> 01-18-2004 10:07 AM

Ever see those cars with the big Nike swoosh on the rear window?

I saw one today on my way to work. I've always wondered what that was for... either a lot of people are really in love with Nike or its a car tuner with the same logo. I see them all the time around metro Atlanta, wish I had a picture of it. Anyone know?

DJSang 01-18-2004 10:18 AM

I used to see so many of these a few years ago... and usually on the most hooptie of cars...

Maybe their mindset is, since my car's a piece and nobody cares for it, I'm gotta pretend to be a advertisement so I get some attention...

rallykid 01-18-2004 10:19 AM

Those are retarded ghetto kids that graduated from the short bus and got their own car. Nike logos are mostly found on Grand Ams with tinted windows, tinted headlight and taillight covers. Anytime someone puts something dark over their lights that makes it harder for them to see and harder for you to see them you can pretty much guess how intelligent they are.

steve c 01-18-2004 10:26 AM

You see quite a few in Denver, always driven by Mexicans. I assume that it is some manner of a gang sign.

All I could find in the press:

Gold capped teeth with
swooshes and swoosh tattooes are not just the stuff of gang members and Nike
employees anymore. Brett Bryan, manager of BodyGraphics Tattoo in South
Windsor, says someone asks for a Nike swoosh about every other month. His
tattoo artists have rendered black swooshes, multicolored swooshes, swooshes
with "Just do it," and "Just do it" alone.

RazorV3 01-18-2004 10:30 AM

whats worse is when ricers put a big Honda "H" or toyota "T" on their rear windows...:banghead:

Ash 01-18-2004 10:37 AM

my fav is the "powered by XXXX" when it's obviously a Honda

Really the only time those things mean anything is when it's a "powered by natural gas" or something like that... and that's hardly a claim to blazing speed.

tims2k 01-18-2004 11:22 AM

There are lots around here, every day I see them its most of the Mexican PPL that do it.....not sure why?

Octane-Girl 01-18-2004 11:24 AM

I also don't get the windshield stickers?

I was on handaaccessories.com and saw that a windshield sticker that says "Powered by HONDA" is SOLD OUT? :eek2:

[ llcrayonll |> 01-18-2004 11:34 AM

wow, i didn't know the nike symbol is now a gang symbol. how creative is that?! i guess it isn't some sort of tuner logo. :thumbdn:

btw, i hope no one puts windshield stickers on their s2000's... its hard enough already to see the lights at a stop!

aznprydefloz 01-18-2004 11:38 AM

The nike symbol is hillarious. Every time i see a car with it or the "powered by xxxxx" decals, it just cracks me up.