S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Off-topic Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/off-topic-talk-3/)
-   -   Ever see those cars with the big Nike swoosh on the rear window? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/off-topic-talk-3/ever-see-those-cars-big-nike-swoosh-rear-window-176481/)

VTEC_Junkie 01-18-2004 07:10 PM

i think the fundamental purpose of a visual "mod" on a vehicle is to get others' attention. whether we find it appealing or not, it's apparent that a nike swoosh or any other visual mod on someone's car has a higher chance of getting our attention than one that is bone stock. i like to call it the "look at me" syndrome. you can find a lot of these types of people dressing, doing their hair, and carrying themselves in ways just to draw attention to themselves. some like to think that they are merely being cool or expressing themselves, but i think deep inside, they have the unquenchable desire to be noticed for whatever reasons.

Daniel L 01-18-2004 10:32 PM

Yeah it's always with the Mexicans.. was always curious too. Gang, drugs, soccer, dunno.

POWER S2000 01-18-2004 10:39 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Daniel L
Yeah it's always with the Mexicans.. was always curious too.

BPUKiller 01-18-2004 10:53 PM

Originally posted by steve c
You see quite a few in Denver, always driven by Mexicans. I assume that it is some manner of a gang sign.

All I could find in the press:

Gold capped teeth with
swooshes and swoosh tattooes are not just the stuff of gang members and Nike
employees anymore. Brett Bryan, manager of BodyGraphics Tattoo in South
Windsor, says someone asks for a Nike swoosh about every other month. His
tattoo artists have rendered black swooshes, multicolored swooshes, swooshes
with "Just do it," and "Just do it" alone.

Damn I thought just Mexicans down here have bad taste in cars. Must be a mexican thing to put dumb stickers, over or under-sized cheap-ass wheels, stupid body kits poser mobiles.

Sam

rworne 01-18-2004 11:21 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BPUKiller

Luwin1026 01-18-2004 11:44 PM

It's probably some brown-love I-love-my-soccer-shoes type of thing . .

S2HOTCHICK 01-19-2004 04:58 AM

i hate the ones that have the little kid peeing on the chevy, ford or whatever logo. Its always peeing on some crap car sign.

Drunken_Monk 01-19-2004 06:44 AM

Yeah! Im Hispanic and God knows I love putting Nike logos on my soccer loving over or under-sized cheap-ass wheels, stupid body kits poser mobile...

:rolleyes:

:angry:

Meeyatch1 01-19-2004 07:33 AM

There are cars around here with that 'swoosh' logo so big it BLOCKS the rear window....I have no idea how that is not illegal. It is very stupid to say the least. :rolleyes:

steve c 01-19-2004 09:02 AM

Yeah! Im Hispanic and God knows I love putting Nike logos on my soccer loving over or under-sized cheap-ass wheels, stupid body kits poser mobile...
Really? Do you also like working in factories for less than minimum wage and only eating at Taco Bell?