Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Fullsail college...Anyone ever hear of it?

Old 06-10-2004, 05:00 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fullsail college...Anyone ever hear of it?

Ive been rescently showing intrest in the art field and im about 75% sure that i will be transfering to a art college after one year of community. i saw an add for fullsail college in a videogame mag. they offer classes in animation, art, video game design, etc... the school is located in winter park, FL. has anyone heard of it. my parents want me to go to a school in philly b/c of the reputations.
Old 06-10-2004, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Guedo512
Ive been rescently showing intrest in the art field and im about 75% sure that i will be transfering to a art college after one year of community. i saw an add for fullsail college in a videogame mag. they offer classes in animation, art, video game design, etc... the school is located in winter park, FL. has anyone heard of it. my parents want me to go to a school in philly b/c of the reputations.
I live about 10-15 minutes away from campus, It is a really good school and I have numerous friends that are going there or have finished programs there. I am graduating from the University of Central Florida in 6 weeks, which is about the same distance away from full sail. Great area too--heart of orlando.
Old 06-10-2004, 06:18 PM

Don't know about fullsail, but I'd hire a graduate of Digipen any day! http://digipen.com/

Either way, you'd better have your math skills tweaked if you want to go the game design route. It's kinda like a computer science degree disguised as art.

Good Luck
Old 06-10-2004, 06:26 PM

Let me jsut say that I know nothing about his college and do not listen to a word im saying. But I don't think i'd ever go to a school that has to advertise, much less in a gaming magazine.
Old 06-10-2004, 06:29 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ironwedge
Don't know about fullsail, but I'd hire a graduate of Digipen any day!
Old 06-10-2004, 06:31 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im more interested in the special fx, and animation fields. ive always had an intrest in movies and would love to contribute to the making of them.
Old 06-10-2004, 06:32 PM

Its a very good school. IT is a high-end institution (all-around)
Old 06-10-2004, 06:46 PM

my son went there at age 17(ave student age is 24) after finishing high school a year early. He did film and video. He is now a film student at college of Santa Fe in New Mexico. PM me and I'll give you his cell number.
Old 06-11-2004, 04:58 PM

I am familiar with it. Full Sail is reputed within the arts world but is not well known outside of it. For several years they have been know for being very specialized and very hands-on, generally investing in technology that can be used should one find a job in the art realm after graduation.

The downside is that it is not broadly viewed as academicall vigorous, and the relevance of the classes they teach (and the technology you learn) can change...quickly.
Old 06-11-2004, 05:09 PM

quite expensive..>30k for 13 months..get an AA...credits don't transfer to college....you get out of it what you put in to it....tough field to break into...at the time was perfect for my son but thank God he decided to go get his 4 yr degree in Santa Fe NM....his classmates have been having trouble getting jobs...this business is all about networking and luck! Don't expect to go there and be the next Spielberg...u may just be able to bring him coffee on the set

Quick Reply: Fullsail college...Anyone ever hear of it?