Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Las Vegas show?

Old 11-01-2003, 03:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Las Vegas show?

I am going to vegas in early december with my little 5-year-old cousin and family, take them to shows and stuffs..and I would like to hear if anybody here have any recommendation for any good show in vegas. I am interested in shows for children and adults alike since I can go to adults show alone . Other than a couple strip clubs, the only "serious" show that I had seen in Vegas was something like "Midnight Dream" or something like that in Luxor 3-4 years ago. Damn I have never seen so many tits on stage in my life..daddy likes I heard recently that Zumanity is one of the new show there.. sounds like some human beings living in the zoo or something..Oh please recommend me a few good restaurants too. Got to stuff myelf when in Vegas.

Thanks !
Old 11-01-2003, 04:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't seen too many show in Vegas, but can definitely recommend a resturant.

If you're looking for the best steak of your life check out Del Friscos. I've never had a better steak anywhere. Cost will be about $80-$100 a person, but it is well worth the money!!!! I wish they would open one up in Chicago.

Here is their website:

http://www.delfriscos.com/
Old 11-01-2003, 04:34 AM

^ yikes, that's expensive!! you've must have champagne wishes and caviar dreams.

personally, I like the Bellagio buffet. it's not terribly priced, and if you time it right, you can get in at the end of lunch (and pay lunch-time prices) and have your selection of what they're serving at lunch as well as what they bring out for dinner. and the selection!! now that is the place to stuff yourself.

then again, I might be biased because I only really like to gamble in the Bellagio (and only play craps as well). perhaps other places have better food, but I've been really happy with the Bell's buffet.

as far as shows, I was disappointed with "O" and it was expensive too, so I can't really recommend any. b'sides, I've heard that the new Cirque du Soleil isn't quite kid-safe.
Old 11-01-2003, 07:32 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Go see the Blue Man Group show in the Luxor. Definitely good for both kids and adults.

I don't like Del Frisco's very much. Morton's of Chicago is much better, IMO. I've been to neither Ruth's Chris or Smith & Wollensky, but I've heard they're good too.
Old 11-01-2003, 08:47 AM

Hehe, so much for recommending Siegfried and Roy at the Mirage Zumanity is an adult themed show I think put on by Cirque du Soleil. I would recommend the other 2 Cirque shows though: O or Mystere. Seigfried and Roy was an ok show for kids. Blue Man is good.
Old 11-01-2003, 08:52 AM

Blue man is very cool...but my next trip coming up i plan on seeing nothing that children could view..lol.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:31 PM

I also recommend the Bellagio Buffet. Going for lunch is sufficient, because the dinner spread is about the same. I go there every time I'm in Vegas.

Cirque "O" is "G rated", but the kids probably won't get the whole story line. (I'm not even sure I did) There aren't as many acrobatic acts in "O" as in the other Cirque shows...more artsy stuff.
Old 11-01-2003, 11:32 PM
Former Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Elistan
Go see the Blue Man Group show in the Luxor.
Old 11-01-2003, 11:55 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been to Vegas twice now and still have not yet managed to see a show, in fact so far I've never even made it off the strip.

Really do want to see the Blue Man Group though.
Old 11-02-2003, 04:49 AM

Paris' and Bellagio's buffet are both good.

'O' is good. but need to get tickets in advance.

Quick Reply: Las Vegas show?