Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Need girl advice...and legality advice

Old 02-16-2005, 07:44 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need girl advice...and legality advice

OK, to make a long story short:
- I work at a pizza shop
- This girl has been coming in for over a month
- Last week she left her #
- we talked the whole week
- valentines day she invited me over and we hooked up
- now she wants me to go to her prom

what do i do?

shes 17 and i am 19. im almost 100% sure it is legal. i think NJ law says if a girl is 17 she can date a guy up to 4 years older than her and its legit. what should i do? i wouldnt mind going w/ her, shes a good girl, but they all seem nice for those first few months
Old 02-16-2005, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can date anyone you want. You just can't have sex with a minor. But I mean she's 17, nothing magical is gonna happen in a few months when she turns 18. Plus you're just 19, go for it, have fun, wear a rubber.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:05 PM

To further the above advice, John Law don't care if she's 18 years -1 minute or 12, if you're 18 years +1 second and have sex with her, YOU can be charged with statutory rape, and the law doesn't differentiate among statutory, date or plain old rape. YOU are the one who's going to be spending a few years sharing a room with Bubba, and Bubba don't wear no rubba. And that will follow you forever as a sex offender.
So date her if you want but keep it in your trousers. If you don't think you can, walk away until she can prove she's 18.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by ajlafleche' date='Feb 17 2005, 12:05 AM
To further the above advice, John Law don't care if she's 18 years -1 minute or 12, if you're 18 years +1 second and have sex with her, YOU can be charged with statutory rape, and the law doesn't differentiate among statutory, date or plain old rape. YOU are the one who's going to be spending a few years sharing a room with Bubba, and Bubba don't wear no rubba. And that will follow you forever as a sex offender.
So date her if you want but keep it in your trousers. If you don't think you can, walk away until she can prove she's 18.
I'm gonna have to disagree about the law not differentiating between different types of rapes. It's gonna be rape no matter what since she is under age. Forcible rape is alot more severe than consentual statutory.

On that note, if you piss her off she basically has you in her clutches. But if your record is clean and this is your first offense you aren't going to spend the max in prison. And if you are really lucky you get off with sexual assault and spend less than a year in jail. Remember rape is a felony you will be going to PRISON, not JAIL where you would go for sexual assault and yeah Bubba will have a fun time when he finds out what you're in there for.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:54 PM

Better ask a real lawyer in your state before taking answers from ppl on this forum! sheesh...

btw a quick internet search for NJ gives:

So it looks like its safe to bang her.

Statutory rape is illegal sexual activity between two people when it would otherwise be legal if not for their age. The actual ages for these laws vary greatly from state-to-state, as do the punishments for offenders. Many states do not use the actual term "statutory rape," simply calling it rape or unlawful sexual penetration. These laws rarely apply only to intercourse, but rather to any type of sexual contact. Dating someone without sexual contact cannot be considered a form of statutory rape, and is almost never illegal.

All states have an "age of consent," or an age at which a person can legally consent to sexual activity and can then no longer be a victim of statutory rape. Some states also have laws that look at the age difference between the two people as well as their individual ages. All states have laws that have restrictions on the relationship between the two people, changing the age of consent, or the penalty, for sexual relations between a person of authority, such as a teacher, assistant coach, or tutor. These laws change, and can vary depending on other circumstances. For more information on how these laws apply in the various states, try the Answer Board.

Statutory rape charges can be brought up by the victim, parents of the victim, and in most states, they can be raised by the state. California has been a major example of this, filing charges against fathers of pregnant women, at the protest of both the women and the parents of the involved parties.

Can a boy the age of 18 or 19 go to jail of get in trouble for impregnating a girl the age of 15? What if they are having intercourse and she isn't pregnant? If the girls parents calls the police and reports this and the girl doesn't cooperate with the police and denies any claim of rape what will happen?

In terms of breaking the law, as long as the age difference between the two people is less than 4 years, intercourse between the two people is allowed. If the age difference is more than 4 years, the penalty is at least a $800 fine and 5-10 years in prison. It's usually pretty easy to prove that sexual intercourse has occurred with a female, as there's biological evidence up to three days after the last occurrence of intercourse, or if the girl is pregnant, so whether or not the girl cooperates with the police is a mute point. If the girl does become pregnant, and the age difference is less than 4 years, it is entirely her decision, legally speaking, to decide to keep the child, and if she does, the father would be responsible for child support for the next 18 years.

The "Age of Consent" is a term not found in many state statutes, but rather reflects an absence of prohibition. As used on this website, this age reflects the age at which a person can legally consent to most types of sexual activity with another person. This age varies from 15-18 in most states. There are still restrictions in some states on what type of sexual activity is permissable, such as oral sex and sodomoy, as well as restrictions of the relationship of the two people, such as a teacher-student relationship. These restrictions typically run until the age of 18, though some states still have laws against oral sex or sodomy at any age.

New Jersey
Age of Consent: 16
Old 02-16-2005, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by ajlafleche' date='Feb 16 2005, 09:05 PM
YOU are the one who's going to be spending a few years sharing a room with Bubba, and Bubba don't wear no rubba.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Guedo512' date='Feb 16 2005, 08:44 PM
OK, to make a long story short:
- I work at a pizza shop
- This girl has been coming in for over a month
- Last week she left her #
- we talked the whole week
- valentines day she invited me over and we hooked up
- now she wants me to go to her prom

what do i do?

shes 17 and i am 19. im almost 100% sure it is legal. i think NJ law says if a girl is 17 she can date a guy up to 4 years older than her and its legit. what should i do? i wouldnt mind going w/ her, shes a good girl, but they all seem nice for those first few months
glad you mentioned the "pizza shop laborer" complication. it's important to clarify whether you actually make the pizzas, or just deliver them. there's a whole subsection in the law regarding statutory rape that is delivered in 29 minutes or less.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:56 PM

It's your job to deliver the sausage. What are you waiting for?
Old 02-16-2005, 11:08 PM

LOL
Old 02-17-2005, 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by ajlafleche' date='Feb 17 2005, 12:05 AM
Each state does have very specific laws. You need to actually investigate. Contact a criminal attorney to find out. Probably wouldn't cost a dime. And FYI not every state is 18 some are 16 and some are arguably less as little as 12. However basically is bounces between 16 and 18 with such provisions as the +-4 year rule the poster was saying. Doesn't mean that's the fact in NJ but it very well might be.

Quick Reply: Need girl advice...and legality advice