Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Neighbors.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Neighbors.

So i have this problem with my neighbor who swears he owns the block. No one can park infront of his house. But when hes not taking up 2 spots and you decide to park infront or behind his car and leave about a foot space between, He will come out and put his car as close to your bumper as possible sometimes even hitting it theres no possible way to get THAT close without tapping it.

On top of that if its a street cleaning day and our car is parked right infront of the house, say my mom goes out for 10 min. he will come outside and move the car up to be infront of my house on purpose.

The other day i caught him talking shit to a neighbor 2 house's down about my car being parked in the same spot for 48 hours (it wasnt i drove it the night before and parked in the same spot) my window was open so i could hear him yelling to her.He said he was going to put his unregisterd car thats in the drive way infront of my house (good luck ill call the cops on you silly fool)

I wasnt parked infront of his house i was parked a house down from his and that neighbor never complains about my car being there. Anyway this guy said he was going to call the cops on me because my car hasn't moved i started cursing at him and he said people like me make the neighbor hood look bad..im 21 and you're like 45? you have nothing better to do then have parking wars with some one that dosnt really care.

Anyway hes been doing this for about a year now i really could care less because well im not that lazy and dont mind haveing to walk 15 feet to my house.but now hes just being disrespectful. Today my friend parked his maxima infront of his caddillac and he decided to move up to my friends bumper,he tapped it and left it there sitting on his bumper..well my friend really dosnt care about his back bumper because its already scratched. So before my friend left he "rolled" back into it...more like he put it in reverse and hit it pretty hard lol.

anyone else have any stories?

sorry for typo's im in a rush but just wanted to share with you guys.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by toke101,May 10 2010, 01:41 PM
So i have this problem with my neighbor who swears he owns the block. No one can park infront of his house. But when hes not taking up 2 spots and you decide to park infront or behind his car and leave about a foot space between, He will come out and put his car as close to your bumper as possible sometimes even hitting it theres no possible way to get THAT close without tapping it.

On top of that if its a street cleaning day and our car is parked right infront of the house, say my mom goes out for 10 min. he will come outside and move the car up to be infront of my house on purpose.

The other day i caught him talking shit to a neighbor 2 house's down about my car being parked in the same spot for 48 hours (it wasnt i drove it the night before and parked in the same spot) my window was open so i could hear him yelling to her.He said he was going to put his unregisterd car thats in the drive way infront of my house (good luck ill call the cops on you silly fool)

I wasnt parked infront of his house i was parked a house down from his and that neighbor never complains about my car being there. Anyway this guy said he was going to call the cops on me because my car hasn't moved i started cursing at him and he said people like me make the neighbor hood look bad..im 21 and you're like 45? you have nothing better to do then have parking wars with some one that dosnt really care.

Anyway hes been doing this for about a year now i really could care less because well im not that lazy and dont mind haveing to walk 15 feet to my house.but now hes just being disrespectful. Today my friend parked his maxima infront of his caddilac and he decided to move up to my friends bumper,he tapped it and left it there sitting on his bumper..well my friend really dosnt care about his back bumper because its already scratched. So before my friend left he "rolled" back into it...more like he put it in reverse and hit it pretty hard lol.

anyone else have any stories?

sorry for typo's im in a rush but just wanted to share with you guys.
I am 90% sure on this, but could be wrong. /Disclaimer.

If you can document (take pictures) of where a car (your friend's or his) is, and show that the neighbor *moved* his car to get within inches of your car, you can call the cops and have them write him a ticket. you're required to leave a certain amount of space between cars when you park on the street... also, if you get video of him tapping the car... even better.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:09 AM
d.h

There are annoying neighbors, but I think yours went past that point already.....into the douche bag/fight provoking territory.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have any annoying neighbors, sorry. I do have a hot M.I.L.F. that lives next door, though.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:16 AM

People get so upset about stuff like this, but the street is a public place and people can park where they want. I would be careful to piss him off too much because he sounds like he has too much time and may start letting air out of tires or other childish things. If it isn't too much trouble I'd do what he asks, otherwise tell him he needs to be an adult about things that he doesn't own the street.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:50 AM

Received 424 Likes on 299 Posts

I'd just avoid the guy. He is looking to start something with someone probably so he can have an excuse to escalate things and go off on somebody. Not necessarily in a violent way, but in a "do some serious harm to your property" sort of way.

Or you could ignore my advice and set his car on fire........

But if you got a really annoying neighbor I am totally fine with putting up with it for a bit until you decide to move. No matter how much you like where you live, there is always a place that you might like better and won't have to put up with bullsh*t.

I built a house in a new neighborhood a few years back and my neighbor next door was a nice guy and so was his wife but they were a tad red-necky. They got two giant pound dogs that peed all over his dandelion farm of a lawn and killed eveythiing but weeds. It looked like the lawn on Malcom in the Middle. Big plastic kids toys all over the lawn. Never kept anything up and his brand new house looked run down and had a big dented up red Aztek in the driveway. I liked the guy and did not want to complain, it was his property, just did not want to live next to it and have all my friends ask "holy crap, who the heck lives next door?" every time they came over. I sold the new place after three years, made a big pile of cash, built a better place close by, and am totally happy. I don't have the manicured looking lawn by any means, its just that living next to the Jed Clampet is enough to make me look for greener pastures. Living next to a jerk would make up my mind sooner.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My question is: Why are you parking in front of your neighbors' houses? Park in front of your own. Or better yet, park in your garage if you have one. While it's true that street parking is 'public'... just like any public resource, you shouldn't use more than your fair share. If you & your family/roommates have so many cars that you can't park them all in your garage/driveway or in front of your own property, then you're taking more than your fair share of space.

Now, if you just have one or two cars that you park in the street, and the only reason that you park in front of your neighbors' houses is because someone else is already parked in front of your house, and it only happens on occasion, then maybe it's acceptable.

Depending on the circumstances, I can understand the guy's frustration, though. I make a conscious effort to park my vehicle(s) in my garage and keep the street parking available for visitors, and also so that my property looks tidy and well-maintained. However, my neighbor has up to 5 cars parked in front of his house (and none parked in his garage because it's full of junk), and often his cars overflow such that they're parked in front of my property, and that irks the hell out of me. So, from my perspective... my "Bad Neighbors" post would be about guys like you.

Unfortunately, since street parking is a public space, the guy has little recourse other than his childish games. Don't be surprised if it escalates to keyed cars, slashed/deflated tires, etc, though.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:59 AM

My neighbor was a complete recluse and a slob. Called the city on him a few times.

However karma is a biatch and he lost his home last weekend to the bank. So now, no more slob of a neighbor. While it is sad when anyone loses their home, I have no sympathy for that guy.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:01 PM

Received 424 Likes on 299 Posts

While I agree with MXT for the most part, I'd like to know what kind of neighborhood it is. Is it the average suburban type spot where you have plenty of space in front of your own house, or is it in the city brownstone type neighborhood with no driveways and EVERYONE parks on the street in any open space they can find?
Old 05-10-2010, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by mxt_77,May 10 2010, 01:58 PM
My question is: Why are you parking in front of your neighbors' houses? Park in front of your own.
It pisses me off when my neighbors park in front of my house. Park your ish in front of your own damn house.

Quick Reply: Neighbors.