Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Office for Mac - 2011 or 2013

Old 07-17-2016, 05:11 PM
Community Organizer

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts
Default Office for Mac - 2011 or 2013

Poking around to see if anyone can help me get a copy. I have it on my Mac now.(2011) but lost the key/download. Upgrading computer and it won't move over to the new HDD and work.

Thanks!
Jim
Old 07-17-2016, 06:25 PM

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,421 Posts

MicrosoftStore.com
Old 07-17-2016, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pinky
Poking around to see if anyone can help me get a copy. I have it on my Mac now.(2011) but lost the key/download. Upgrading computer and it won't move over to the new HDD and work.

Thanks!
Jim
Jim,

Is this a new Mac you've purchased and you want to transfer Office over, or are you just upgrading/replacing the HDD only? If you've purchased a new device you should be able to transfer Office over via Thunderbolt or Firewire.

If you haven't already, you should look into Microsoft OneDrive. It's basically all of your Microsoft Office essentials readily available for you via the web. Access and save all your Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote files via online/onedrive cloud - (5GB free). It use to be (15GB free), but they've scaled it back. Of course you can always increase your storage space for a nominal fee a month.

OneDrive

Let me know and I can help walk you through it.
-Marc
Old 07-18-2016, 04:18 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Mr.60trim
Jim,

Is this a new Mac you've purchased and you want to transfer Office over, or are you just upgrading/replacing the HDD only? If you've purchased a new device you should be able to transfer Office over via Thunderbolt or Firewire.

If you haven't already, you should look into Microsoft OneDrive. It's basically all of your Microsoft Office essentials readily available for you via the web. Access and save all your Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote files via online/onedrive cloud - (5GB free). It use to be (15GB free), but they've scaled it back. Of course you can always increase your storage space for a nominal fee a month.

OneDrive

Let me know and I can help walk you through it.
-Marc
Just upgrading. It's an older Macbook Pro but still fast enough for what I uses it for. Just being cheap and not wanting to pay for the software that I will use maybe once a month!

I will check into the OneDrive option and see if that might work.

Thanks for the help.
Old 07-18-2016, 01:04 PM

Login to the Microsoft Store with the same ID that you used to download Office the first time you installed it. From the Microsoft site click the link that takes you to your account information, that page should show the record of your original purchase under Order History and there should be a link to request the product key/download again.
Old 07-18-2016, 05:54 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Not Sure
Login to the Microsoft Store with the same ID that you used to download Office the first time you installed it. From the Microsoft site click the link that takes you to your account information, that page should show the record of your original purchase under Order History and there should be a link to request the product key/download again.
I am so old school...........I used a Disk to install it.
Old 07-18-2016, 08:20 PM

Pm me... I'll get you a copy..
Old 07-19-2016, 09:20 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Do you have to have Office specifically or could you use Libre Office?

https://www.libreoffice.org/download...resh/?type=src
Old 07-19-2016, 12:55 PM

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,421 Posts

Originally Posted by RedCelica

If Office wasn't required, I'm to understand Apple has a pretty robust set of work apps that are remarkably similar to Libre Office.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:38 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by UnkieTrunkie
Originally Posted by RedCelica' timestamp='1468948843' post='24020171

If Office wasn't required, I'm to understand Apple has a pretty robust set of work apps that are remarkably similar to Libre Office.
Pages? Yeah, that works too...Im more a suite fan myself rather than the a la carte apps, but I also can't stand Apple either...so there's that. Google Docs wouldn't be a bad choice either.