Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

The official "celebration of breakfast cereal" thread

Old 02-17-2004, 04:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The official "celebration of breakfast cereal" thread

I'm just sitting here eating my heaping bowl of Frosted Flakes, and I realize I love cereal. I eat it at pretty much any time of the day, and usually in great quantities. I think my addiction started in college. If the cafeteria food sucked (whick it frequently did), you could always fall back on delicious cereal. Now, I'm not talking about the healty "colon blow" types of cereal like frosted mini wheats or fiber chunks or whatever. Rather, I eat the stuff with little to no nutritional value. Count Chocula, Cocoa Pebbles, Trix, etc. Cereal is always one thing you can count on no matter what's left in the fridge (typically nothing in my fridge). Just wanted to express my affection for this food. Give a shout out for cereal if you're a true supporter!! Hold your milk covered spoons high in salute!!
Old 02-17-2004, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 02-17-2004, 04:27 PM

I'm out of milk!
Old 02-17-2004, 04:30 PM
Former Moderator

I love cereal too. I could eat it 3 meals/day, and have from time to time. My favs in no particular order...lucky charms, oreo o's, cinnamon toast crunch, count chocula
Old 02-17-2004, 05:27 PM

I think it's great because you can eat it and drink milk at the same time...without actually drinking milk. It's like you're drinking while you're eating. It's just genius. Some time in the past, some nut said, "Hey, let's make food that can mix with milk so we don't have to drink".
Yeah, it's great.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:02 PM

i never get sick of lucky charms, mmmm
Old 02-17-2004, 06:02 PM

I can see we have a true bunch of cereal philosophers on S2Ki! Incubus is exactly correct - eating and drinking (especially wholesome milk) at the same time! Makes me shed a tear of joy... Continue the celebration!!

Hey, s2kdudeRick, here's one for ya!

Old 02-17-2004, 06:10 PM

I'm definitely down with cereal. I've been on a Post Selects kick lately. Some of my other favorites:

Raisin bran crunch (we had RBC boxes lining the wall of my college apt; we ate a ton of the stuff)
honey nut chex
smart start
Old 02-17-2004, 06:20 PM

I'm not so much a fan of the Crunch...Raisin Bran that is. I think I expected it to be too much like the original Raisin Bran, and I was dissapointed.
What I do like is cuttin up bananas and putting the slices in my Raisin Bran. I think I'm gonna get some tonight (bananas).
Old 02-17-2004, 06:32 PM

Lucky charms! Cinnamon Toast Crunch! Frosted Flakes! I'm down with Golden Grahams too! There's a big box of Cinnamon Toast crunch on my frig right behind me in my room. Woohoo I may just go for a bowl right now

Quick Reply: The official "celebration of breakfast cereal" thread