Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Perth Austalia

Old 10-17-2001, 01:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Perth Austalia

I'm trying to find out if there are any owners in or around Australia. Just looking to see if there are as many of them around as I've been told.
Old 10-17-2001, 03:36 AM

Not too many in Perth - it's a relatively small city. I think you'd be lucky to find 20 S2000s in the whole town.
Old 10-17-2001, 04:41 AM

I'm looking for anyone who works, or lives in and around Perth, Scarborough, Fremantle area. If there is about 20 in the area, then that would mean that the chances of seeing more then on would be slim. I've been told that there is a "bunch" of them there, and you can see a few every day. I'm thinking someone is mistaking the Miata for our beautiful automobiles. Anyone help me with a yes or no? Is the S2000 a regular sight in, and around Perth?
Old 10-17-2001, 05:03 AM

I think there is only one poster from this board from Perth and I haven't seen him post for a long while.

I travel over to Perth fairly regularly on business and have only spotted two S2ks (downtown) in my visits over there.

What's your particular interest, not_a?
Old 10-17-2001, 06:24 AM

MuHaHaHa! I say less than 10 ... I'm more pessimistic about things. G'Luck my friend, there are already a very small number of aussie members on board.

Old 11-01-2001, 12:00 PM

I know this is an oldish thread... but as an ex-Perth boy i need to squash some misconceptions.

By my estimate there would be around 40-50 s2000's in Perth, and that was 18months ago, im sure there are more now.

I used to see 1 or 2 every couple of days there, before i moved to CA. And I still dont' see that many here. I know Perth is a smaller place so the odds of seeing one is better, but I was such an S2000 fan that I would remember everyone - including drivers etc.

Of course there are much more in the CA Bay area, because the online membership here is probably close to all the S2000's in Perth.

Actually speaking of Perth and S2000s. There is a guy there whos races his - I saw it about 2 weeks after they started selling S2000's and he was racing it, the first time he'd had it on a track, in just 2 weeks.

Just my 2c
Old 11-01-2001, 01:05 PM

I was in Perth a fortnight ago for three days and I did not see one S2000. I was also there for ten days about four months ago and I saw one in Scarborough.
Old 11-01-2001, 05:19 PM

Come to find out a friend of mine was being a smart arse. She told me that she saw a few every day. Come to find out it's because there are two of them in the building where she works. Might be the one that Bernie saw in Scarborough.
Old 11-01-2001, 06:57 PM

In all fairness, it was not like I spent my time driving all around Perth. It's either work or golf (with a preference for golf )

The weather in Perth is absolutely super for convertibles. I doubt we would find too many places on the globe that would be better. There is also a lot of money there taking the population into account so there would be no reason why there would be a considerable number of S2000s, unless people prefer TT Roadsters or Boxsters there!

I live in Brisbane and I am now seeing on average at least one a day (and that excludes the other two in my building)
Old 11-01-2001, 07:19 PM

When I was there last year, I saw lots of Z3's around. I could see why there would be lots of S2000's. It is a beautiful place, and the weather is "perfect".

Quick Reply: Perth Austalia