Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.
View Poll Results: Who do you dislike most?
Cindy Hottie
0%
Todd Hotrod
4.17%
Sally Mustang
5.56%
Jimmy Ricer
25.00%
Shelley Soccermom
30.56%
Mike Middleage
1.39%
Tommy Trucker
9.72%
Joey Pickemup
8.33%
Harold & Mary Senior
13.89%
Other
1.39%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Who do you dislike most?

Old 11-22-2002, 07:16 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

There are lots of different types of people driving. Some of them rub us the wrong way. Read through my cast of characters and vote for the driver type that you dislike the most.

If you vote for "Other", please post the character that you have in mind.

Cindy Hottie-Cindy's beautiful. Been out of school about 6 months now, she has a job, lots of clothes, a new RSX and a ton of debt. Spends most of her driving time flirting with the males in passing cars. Eyes are everywhere but where they should be. Cindy's hot.

Todd Hotrod-Loves American muscle. Would have bought a Vette if he could have afforded it, but bought a Z-28 or Mach 1 instead. Don't try to beat him off the line, he'll smoke you at every stoplight. Doesn't drive real well except for 500 feet straight line.

Sally Mustang-Female counterpart of Todd Hotrod except her car is a little bit more civilized. Still, don't try to beat her off the line, she'll walk you like you're standing still. Drives better then Todd, but not much better.

Jimmy Ricer-He knows that stickers and tinted windows make a car go faster. Shaved off all the emblems to reduce wind resistance. He can hardly see over the steering wheel because his seat is so far reclined. Weaves in and out of traffic because he knows that his Civic or Maxima is really a sportscar in disguise.

Shelley Soccermom-Drives a Lincoln Navigator or a Ford Excursion. Needs the 7 seats. Always has six kids in the car, every cupholder full and a cell phone pressed to her ear. Has to be at the soccer field in 3 minutes, but has to pick her daughter up at middle school first. Her attention is everywhere but on driving.

Mike Middleage-Always promised himself a sportscar when the kids grow up. Now they have and he's ready. He's a little heavier and his reflexes are a little slower, but he won't admit to either. He might have had an MG when he was a young man. If he truly loves sports cars he bought an S2000, if he doesn't he probably bought a TT or a Boxster. Doesn't have the nerve anymore to keep up with the younger men, but he won't admit that either.

Tommy Trucker-Drives a 48' straight job for the local furniture store or home supply store. He knows that he can make his truck handle just as good as your sportscar, and he can make it go faster too. Don't try to pass him, he won't let you. He's out to prove that your sportscar has nothing on his truck.

Joey Pickemup-Real men drive pick up trucks, and Joey is a real man. Smokes non-filtered cigs, drinks beer and drives his pickup real hard and fast. Doesn't want to pass you, he'd rather ride six inches behind at 60 miles per hour. His headlights glare into your mirror, but hey, it's a real truck.

Harold & Mary Senior-Finally bought the Cadillac they always dreamed about. Doesn't matter that it's two sizes too big or that they can hardly see anymore. They've been driving for 60 years and have plenty of experience. They wouldn't think of speeding, they go 15 miles per hour below the speed limit to be safe. Don't expect them to yield to you, they didn't see you.

Those are my characters, vote for the one you dislike the most. Remember that this is all in good fun. If you recognize a little of yourself just laugh. I had an MG when I was younger.
Old 11-22-2002, 09:11 PM

Received 800 Likes on 711 Posts

I didn't vote for other, but I thought I should add one to the list...

Eric Explorer-racer - Drives a Ford Explorer but believes it can outhandle and outbrake anything on the road. He will blow past you, even though you are going 90 on the Interstate at rush hour.

And no, I've NEVER seen this type, and certainly not in Chicago on I94/I90...
Old 11-22-2002, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jimmy Ricer gets my vote..
Old 11-22-2002, 09:18 PM

truckers... the worst of this country... the absolute dreadful worst... give me rock chips, have superiority complex, think higher the better, high beam my ass to a headache, too goddamn loud, just plain annoying...
Old 11-23-2002, 10:04 AM

Truckers, pickups, and soccermoms have got to be my least favorite.

Especially soccermoms that will cut you off, go 15 under the limit as she's talking on the fone, then take up three compact car parking spaces w/ her landmonster of an SUV so I can't fit my TRUE compact car, when there's plenty of room for her huge-ass vehicle up front.

Sry the first half happens a lot, the second half happened yesterday, had to rant a lil....ticks me off....!!!!
Old 11-23-2002, 10:40 AM

I would say all... but I just saw a Soccermom ran a redlight while some students were tryint to cross the street... didn't stop... people almost got killed... but she kept going
Old 11-23-2002, 04:33 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by WestSideBilly
[B]I didn't vote for other, but I thought I should add one to the list...

Eric Explorer-racer - Drives a Ford Explorer but believes it can outhandle and outbrake anything on the road.
Old 11-24-2002, 04:14 PM

Received 800 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally posted by DJSang
truckers... the worst of this country... the absolute dreadful worst... give me rock chips, have superiority complex, think higher the better, high beam my ass to a headache, too goddamn loud, just plain annoying...

For every thing I see a truck driver do bad towards a car, I probably see ten towards the truck drivers. Are truck drivers perfect? No, they're not. The shortage of qualified drivers has led to a situation where anyone that's willing to do it gets hired and trained, and the training required to get a CDL is pretty minimal and can be done in 2 weeks. The guy you're taking offense to may have as little as 80 hours of formal training in how to herd 40 tons down the highway in a vehicle that can, at best, attain 1/3 of a typical car's performance. And they're asked to do it 10 hours a day, 365 days a year on a rotating sleep schedule that often leaves them groggy.

If you can find an alternative... I'm sure there's a lot of open ears to it. As for your complaints...

Rock chips - don't follow so closely. Also, this is more the fault of piss-poor highway maintenence.
Superiority complex - Huh? Take a look in the mirror.
Higher is better = it *is* better because driving a semi is about 90% memory and anticipation, so being able to see ahead of you is vital.
High beams - I get this more from soccer moms and local rednecks...
Loud - again, find an alternative to a diesel. 1800 lb-ft of torque doesn't come easily or quietly.
Old 11-24-2002, 06:53 PM

i vote for Teddy Taxi, cause they're the only ones i can't curse out...half those MF's are strapped now!!! ...but they do pull off some magical moves on those streets...
Old 11-24-2002, 07:39 PM

Toss-up between Ricer & Soccermom.....I loathe them both equally

Quick Reply: Who do you dislike most?