Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Introductions

Old 08-03-2015, 06:23 AM

Received 285 Likes on 220 Posts
Default Introductions

Not seeing an intro sub forum, I'd thought to create one!

A bit about me... I'm Jamie from Wilberforce and work on Base over in Dayton. Just bought my STOCK 05 Berlina S2000 last week. Drove it home from Atlanta (what a drive!). I've been on this site for over a year, learning and waiting for the right time, and budget, to get into the S2000 game.

My 05 Berlina has only 23K on it! I was looking for a triple black S2000 (Paint, interior, rag top), with low miles. My plan was to buy a 07-09 Berlina, but the one I wanted, I missed out on, was in in Ann Arbor that had 6K on the odometer! I have never let my wife forget about that one!

I am surprised that the 05 did not have rear speakers in the headrest, or am I missing something? I only hear/see the 2 in each door. In the Spring, I'll be upgrading the HU with Modifry accessories to keep the stock radio controls functioning. Also, need XM back! i jumped in my 05 Infiniti G35x, just to have built-in satellite radio. My S2K does not have it.

I wish I was able to get in on the Honda 200 festivities this weekend. You will see me next year. I plan to jump into the Spring 2016 activities; I am a US Soccer referee in my spare time, so Autumn is a very busy time for me. Dragon will have to wait!

I saw a Silver S2K on Brush Row Rd, by Central State on Sunday. Who was that??

Looking forward to the next Dayton Cars and Coffee.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails Introductions-6141a4e0-2def-4c3d-a2e3-b5231b96f733.jpg  
Old 08-03-2015, 11:39 AM

Received 2,531 Likes on 1,526 Posts

Welcome to our group of wackos. There is a pretty big group of S2000's down in Cincy.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:17 PM
JHo

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by joephotographer
I am surprised that the 05 did not have rear speakers in the headrest, or am I missing something? I only hear/see the 2 in each door. In the Spring, I'll be upgrading the HU with Modifry accessories to keep the stock radio controls functioning. Also, need XM back! i jumped in my 05 Infiniti G35x, just to have built-in satellite radio. My S2K does not have it.
Welcome to the Ohio Club.

The roll bar speakers and XM were dealer options in 2005, so it is possible to get the kits and install them. I have no clue on the cost or how involved they are though. I'm guessing a bunch of the interior would have to come out to replace the roll bars.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by JHo
Originally Posted by joephotographer' timestamp='1438611835' post='23701921

The roll bar speakers and XM were dealer options in 2005, so it is possible to get the kits and install them. I have no clue on the cost or how involved they are though. I'm guessing a bunch of the interior would have to come out to replace the roll bars.
Good to know. Always learning!!
Old 08-04-2015, 04:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I see what you're trying to do, start an intro thread in general. Welcome to the group! I'll join in on the intro.

I'm Diego, I live in Dayton and work on base. The good side of base with those big metal things with wings that fly in the air and stuff. There's going to be a s2000 cinci cruise to Rabbit Hash here soon in August if you're interested. Hope to see you around!

Heres my poopcar, if you see me around base flag me down!

Old 08-04-2015, 08:43 AM

Depending on the weekend, I'd like to go. (Ohio High School/US Soccer referee). I'm on the same side of the Base. I regularly see the Silver AP2 that's near my location.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:28 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by JHo
Originally Posted by joephotographer' timestamp='1438611835' post='23701921

Congrats on the new car, and welcome

2 things on the roll bar speakers

1. From an audiophile perspective, don't do it. The speakers are too small, too close to your ears, not very good. Better to just upgrade doors, and get a sub and amp. Go over to the audio sub forum for info, or I can let you know the setup on my old 05. I like my music loud and was always able to hear it just fine.
2. It's nearly impossible to open the two halves of the plastic roll hoop covers without breaking them. So, if you absolutely have to have them, youl likely have to buy the metal roll hoop, and cover together, with the speakers already installed. Getting all the interior parts out, to get to the hoops is a multi hour job. IMHO, too much hassle and cost for little to no benefit.
Old 08-06-2015, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by BlueBarchetta
Originally Posted by JHo' timestamp='1438633061' post='23702445
[quote name='joephotographer' timestamp='1438611835' post='23701921']

Congrats on the new car, and welcome

2 things on the roll bar speakers

1. From an audiophile perspective, don't do it. The speakers are too small, too close to your ears, not very good. Better to just upgrade doors, and get a sub and amp. Go over to the audio sub forum for info, or I can let you know the setup on my old 05. I like my music loud and was always able to hear it just fine.
2. It's nearly impossible to open the two halves of the plastic roll hoop covers without breaking them. So, if you absolutely have to have them, youl likely have to buy the metal roll hoop, and cover together, with the speakers already installed. Getting all the interior parts out, to get to the hoops is a multi hour job. IMHO, too much hassle and cost for little to no benefit.
[/quote]
PM you about the audio setup. Have been tinkering around that forum, as well.
Old 03-10-2016, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and have read a lot on this thread about this problem. I have owned an ap1 02 since 04. and have done HPDE's for 6 yrs with no problems other than consumables, pads, rotors, tires and hubs. I have been running a stock square set up, 17x9. This past spring I have developed this exact issue (vibration under acceleration), so I replaced both rear axles, which includes the CV joint (correct me if I'm wrong). The problem was BETTER , but still noticeable. I did another 5-6 track days and it did not get better or worse. Over the winter I decided to try something new and put D2 coilovers on, which of course lowered the car about 1.5". I had local Professional trans am/Miata race team corner balance and set up. Now the vibration is back as bad as ever! Car only has 66K miles on it, and just seems weird that the axle buckets would wear that bad, so quickly. I am prepared to swap them around, but thought somebody might be able to shed some light on my situation. Do you still feel confident that the swap would solve the problem? If so why did I still feel a slight vibration when I put the new axles in? (again, it was a very slight vibration that I could live with) Should I get axle spacers just in case I need them?
Any input would appreciated,
Thanks
Jeff D
Old 03-11-2016, 05:27 AM

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff D
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and have read a lot on this thread about this problem. I have owned an ap1 02 since 04. and have done HPDE's for 6 yrs with no problems other than consumables, pads, rotors, tires and hubs. I have been running a stock square set up, 17x9. This past spring I have developed this exact issue (vibration under acceleration), so I replaced both rear axles, which includes the CV joint (correct me if I'm wrong). The problem was BETTER , but still noticeable. I did another 5-6 track days and it did not get better or worse. Over the winter I decided to try something new and put D2 coilovers on, which of course lowered the car about 1.5". I had local Professional trans am/Miata race team corner balance and set up. Now the vibration is back as bad as ever! Car only has 66K miles on it, and just seems weird that the axle buckets would wear that bad, so quickly. I am prepared to swap them around, but thought somebody might be able to shed some light on my situation. Do you still feel confident that the swap would solve the problem? If so why did I still feel a slight vibration when I put the new axles in? (again, it was a very slight vibration that I could live with) Should I get axle spacers just in case I need them?
Any input would appreciated,
Thanks
Jeff D
sounds like axle spacers, especially if you lowered it.

Quick Reply: Introductions