Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Pictures from WTD 07

Old 04-15-2007, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pictures from WTD 07

Friday: Departure and Arrival

Arrived at Gary's place Friday moring at 8:00am. The ride was ready. All cleaned up and ready to go.

No wonder they call him Mr. Clean.

After fueling up the ride, we were on our way to the dragon. Red Bull! It will start your morning right! I loved the intuitive cup holder in Caymen.

We left nearly two hours later than Cincy group. Yet we caught up with them about two hours into the trip. It sure was nice to see bunch of S2000s caravaning in spirited pace. Again, I missed having my own.

Old 04-15-2007, 05:53 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice pics Andy ;now where's the ones of you two playing naked twister at the Lodge ?
Old 04-15-2007, 06:03 PM

We arrived at Alcoa, TN around 3pm. 2nd refueling before hitting the Foothills Parkway and The Dragon! Gary made sure tires were properly inflated.

When we arrived at Foothills Parkway, I was surprised at how empty it was.

Empty but wide open road high above the mountain...I love driving through this road as much as The Dragon.

We were able to get a clean run. Gary took his pace since it was the first time taking his new Caymen S to the Dragon. We met up with several S2ki members at Deals Gap.

Jeff's Beautiful NSX!!!

Usual Suspects at the wash bay

Mocky: "$100"
Popeye: "Biotch, $10! take it or leave it!"

Checking in....tomorrow can't come soon enough. Local police was on the look out.

Old 04-15-2007, 06:04 PM
JHo

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Popeye,Apr 15 2007, 09:53 PM
Nice pics Andy ;now where's the ones of you two playing naked twister at the Lodge ?
Yet another reason I couldn't make it. Please, please keep those pics to yourself.

In all seriousness, good pics, and it looks like most all had a real good time.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:21 PM

Day 2: WAKING THE DRAGON!

Cool cars!!!

The air was cool and the road was dry. "Perfect day for a drive" I thought. We were all wondering how soon the storm was going to ruine the party. We didn't care. James(Jimablius) and Dustin from Mobil, AL joined our morning run. As we suspected, The Dragon was all to ourselves 7:30 in the morning.

We met up with local BMW enthusiasts group. Later they told us about the new routes that we've never explored before. We decided to join the group that morning. Before the run, we ran over to Tapoco Lodge where they stayed and met up with rest of the group. There we saw some wicked BMWs.

After the breakfast at the Tapoco Lodge, we were led to this new route by Matt who drove 1999 C2 which had over 120k miles and it was his daily driver. Well, he drove it like it was stolen. Amazing.

More refueling

Cherahola Skyway!

It started to rain as we were heading back to The Dragon. Little did I know, it turned into a little Porsche Run. C2 leading the way, Gary never missed a beat. By this time, I started to really appreciate the GT3 seat in Gary's Caymen S.

We said our thanks to the BMW group and headed back to the Fontana Village. The rain coming down hard and luckly we made it back safe.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:33 PM

nice pics!
Old 04-15-2007, 06:34 PM

Back to Columbus...
James and Dustin had to stay in our room since they didn't have any power in their cabin. We were up by 7am and hit the road by 8am.
Again the trip was fun and safe for the most part. Honestly, I can't remember when I had this much fun as a pessanger. I am looking forward to drive again in the Fall. Perhaps, I will drive my Volvo through The Dragon! BTW, now I know why call it Smoky Moutain.

Old 04-15-2007, 08:14 PM

Nice pics Andy, I had the greatest time with Gary and you this weekend, thanks for making it a great time, i will post my pics in here tomorrow also, have some good ones of the BMW group with us as well. Thanks for a great time and letting me sleep on ur hotel floor, DAMN electric, LOL.... it was def. some great memories and thank you!!!
What new-found respect for my "S"
Old 04-16-2007, 03:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome pics and story telling, Andy!

It was suprisingly one of the best WTD events (given the early forecasts for rain).

James and Justin, it was great meeting you and hanging out together.

Andy, many thanks for coming and saving my butt those times!
Old 04-16-2007, 05:22 AM

Great pics, Andy! Glad you all had a great time!

Quick Reply: Pictures from WTD 07