Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Where to get an alignment

Old 12-18-2011, 12:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where to get an alignment

I live in the Medina area and need a shop to perform an alignment on my AP1. It will be lowered on a KW Variant V2 suspension. I don't mind driving a bit if that means finding someone that knows the S2K. Said another way, I'm not interested in taking it to NTB, etc.

Thanks for the insight!

Shumax
Old 12-18-2011, 02:53 PM

Received 2,531 Likes on 1,526 Posts

Good question. I am in Strongsville and I am going to need an alignment this spring.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For Columbus guys, don't NTB on Polaris. They took my s2000 out on a joy ride. The manager didn't even know where my car was for until the tech came back 20 minutes later.

Also, I got a lifetime alignment service at Goodyear on Polaris off of old state. The staff is very friendly and they have those "in the floor" alignment machines, which is nice if you're lowered. With that said, I'm pretty sure I came out there with worse alignment settings. Maybe the tech was noobie but I asked him to get my settings as close to stock as possible with the most important setting was to have my toe zeroed out. I wasn't expecting perfect an oem alignment since I'm fairly low but I also didn't expect to leave with a worse alignment.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:34 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

I went to Motomotion to get my alignment (for Cleveland people). I did that on the berlina when I did the suspension and wheel change. They were really good..I brought them the specs (close to UK) that I wanted to go with and the tech walked me through every setting, what the pros/cons were and spent the time to tweak it (less aggressive).

I'd highly recommend them.. they are out near Oberlin btw.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Mocky
I went to Motomotion to get my alignment (for Cleveland people). I did that on the berlina when I did the suspension and wheel change. They were really good..I brought them the specs (close to UK) that I wanted to go with and the tech walked me through every setting, what the pros/cons were and spent the time to tweak it (less aggressive).

I'd highly recommend them.. they are out near Oberlin btw.
Oberlin?? I thought they were just west of Medina. Did they move?

Does anyone have the stock specs I can give them? Would I be better with the UK specs? So many questions....
Old 12-19-2011, 06:41 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

oh yeah. sorry.. you are right.. Medina..
Old 12-19-2011, 07:26 AM

Thanks. I need to replace the front tires. I am litteraly down to the threads on the inside of the tires and figured I better get the alignment checked at the same time.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know where Motomotion is. Do you know if they do ride height adjustment and corner balancing, too? Do you recal what you paid for your alignment? I sort of forgot about these folks - they are about 3-5 miles from my house!
Old 12-19-2011, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is an autocross guy that manages the Firestone Autocare in Richmond Square Mall.

He does custom alignments at a good rate. But you can research the exact specs you want and they'll do their best to hit them.

I know he gives everyone in the autocross club a special discount. Don't know if he would extend that to everyone that mentioned it or not...

Name is Dave Levy. Here is the link to the thread talking about user experiences from NORA website.

http://noraracing.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3478

I have not used him personally... gotta get the new suspension and tires on, then its alignment time.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:15 PM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Motomotion no longer does alignmemts

Quick Reply: Where to get an alignment