Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Winter Car Plans: Coming to fruition (Pics)

Old 04-13-2017, 06:25 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
I whole lot of Excel spreadsheets stored on his desktop!
Hah, I do a lot of analytics for our business. Sadly the majority of those tabs were just created this month.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:56 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

With the way our weather has been this year it will snow again soon so no hurry!
I need to go find some plasti dip so I can make the wheels pretty
Old 04-13-2017, 02:40 PM

Received 218 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Mocky
I need to go find some plasti dip so I can make the wheels pretty
I don't have much gray left but I have a six pack of orange you can use
Old 04-13-2017, 04:59 PM

Received 2,533 Likes on 1,528 Posts

Originally Posted by pgarratt
I don't have much gray left but I have a six pack of orange you can use
That would look good!
Old 04-14-2017, 03:49 AM
JHo

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

That would look good!
I suggest he get a couple cans of whatever his house color is. That way when he repaints the garage it will match this time.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:24 AM

Received 2,533 Likes on 1,528 Posts

Originally Posted by JHo
I suggest he get a couple cans of whatever his house color is. That way when he repaints the garage it will match this time.
There is no way he can paint the garage with all of those wheels and tires in there!
Old 04-27-2017, 07:38 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Hadn't anticipated my new wing being too strong for my suspension I tracked last year, but it is. I had to make some late night changes tonight so that it would be ready for Monday. Just installed the HKS Hipermax IV SP's in it. Quality packaging, quality parts, good instructions (not that you necessarily need them for a suspension swap, but they're nice), all parts accounted for, preload and height preset for you to their recommendations, and a second key that's flexible, for easy adjustments to the driver rear through the fuel passage area. I'm going to run their recommended settings that I heard they used for their time attack car, and start with that. I do like that they've tried to take the headache out of fine tuning for you. Will see how that works out. Anyone else running it here? Thoughts? My first drive will be tomorrrow morning 30 minutes away to check my alignment again. Just had it done last week damn it lol
Old 04-28-2017, 06:49 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Kirk180
Hadn't anticipated my new wing being too strong for my suspension I tracked last year, but it is. I had to make some late night changes tonight so that it would be ready for Monday. Just installed the HKS Hipermax IV SP's in it. Quality packaging, quality parts, good instructions (not that you necessarily need them for a suspension swap, but they're nice), all parts accounted for, preload and height preset for you to their recommendations, and a second key that's flexible, for easy adjustments to the driver rear through the fuel passage area. I'm going to run their recommended settings that I heard they used for their time attack car, and start with that. I do like that they've tried to take the headache out of fine tuning for you. Will see how that works out. Anyone else running it here? Thoughts? My first drive will be tomorrrow morning 30 minutes away to check my alignment again. Just had it done last week damn it lol
How'd you determine the new wing was too strong? And are you planning on eventually going with stiffer springs to deal with it? I'm all stock, so no aero for me but just curious.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:30 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

It was fairly simple to tell. Ride height was still the same, and the back tires kept rubbing at dips in the road at highway speeds and during sharp turn in. Big wing was clearly too much downforce for it. Rubbed all the time. Didn't have that problem prior to it. Makes sense...just slipped my mind. Now I'm at my same old ride height and it doesn't rub at all. These coilovers are much stiffer than what I was running. I'm 16k in all 4 corners now. Alignment needed just a couple things tweaked. Just got back for getting it done. So it's good to go now. Drove rather spirited on way home and no more issues. Passed smokey donuts on the way and he beeped. Hi Smokey!

Last edited by Kirk180; 04-28-2017 at 07:34 AM.
Old 04-28-2017, 12:14 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Kirk180
It was fairly simple to tell. Ride height was still the same, and the back tires kept rubbing at dips in the road at highway speeds and during sharp turn in. Big wing was clearly too much downforce for it. Rubbed all the time. Didn't have that problem prior to it. Makes sense...just slipped my mind. Now I'm at my same old ride height and it doesn't rub at all. These coilovers are much stiffer than what I was running. I'm 16k in all 4 corners now. Alignment needed just a couple things tweaked. Just got back for getting it done. So it's good to go now. Drove rather spirited on way home and no more issues. Passed smokey donuts on the way and he beeped. Hi Smokey!
Ah makes sense. Didn't realize you were running so low ride height-wise. Usually from what I'm used to on race cars, you setup the front splitter/aero for as much aero as you can get as it's usually the limiting factor and then use the rear as a pure tuning tool to tune the balance. Dunno if it works the same in passenger cars? Usually, you'd guesstimate the rear wing angle for the speeds at the track and then tune as necessary. Man, all this talk almost makes me want to buy a 2nd S2000 to turn into a track car!

Quick Reply: Winter Car Plans: Coming to fruition (Pics)