Oregon S2000 Owners The Club forum for S2000 Owners in Oregon and SW Washington.

maybe moving to portland

Old 09-06-2006, 07:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default maybe moving to portland

well my days are numbered in WA. we need to move closer to my inlaws, they live in medford, so i think my wife and i have settled on portland. i love portland, always have.

so anyways, i really like the hawthorne area. great little indain place there(bombay cricket club) and it just ozzes rich history and younger couple fun. is this a good area? what do you metro portland guys recommend. i "think" we can afford about 275K on the high side for a house, but we will mostly like rent so we can take our time looking.

lets hear some suggestions! TIA guys!
Old 09-06-2006, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in Laurelhurst just north of the Hawthorne area. This is a very nice neighborhood with lots of trees and nice old homes. The Alameda and Irvington areas (north of Lloyd Center and Hollywood) also has lots of great old homes.

I think it is a good idea to rent while you are checking out the neighborhoods.

Welcome to Portland!

Larry
Old 09-06-2006, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by VintageMac,Sep 6 2006, 09:26 PM
I live in Laurelhurst just north of the Hawthorne area. This is a very nice neighborhood with lots of trees and nice old homes. The Alameda and Irvington areas (north of Lloyd Center and Hollywood) also has lots of great old homes.

I think it is a good idea to rent while you are checking out the neighborhoods.

Welcome to Portland!

Larry
we are just know starting the process now, so might be 6-9months out yet. really am looking forward to this move.

so hollywood, hawthorne area is prettly affordable? the portland realstate sites kinda suck, its hard to find exactly what i am looking for.

i work for mitsubishi, it ray reese the only mits dealer around there? is it far from the hawthorne area?

sorry for the extreme noob questions!
Old 09-06-2006, 09:23 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

versionJDM, welcome to Portland! The Hawthorne area (around 39th Ave) is roughly 4-6 miles away from Ray Reese Mitsubishi (122nd & Burnside). There are 2 other mitsubishi dealers around, such as Town & Country Mitsu in Milwaukie (~13 miles), and Beaverton Mitsu (~14miles). These numbers came from the mitsu site. I used to live on Belmont (46th) so I used my old zip of 97215. Its a great neighborhood with lots of little resturants and boutiques and not too far away from downtown Portland. Renting is a great idea to start. I would imagine that there are some great rental homes because of its younger population. Good luck and welcome!
Old 09-06-2006, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think Portland would be an awesome place to live!!
Old 09-06-2006, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by S2k_RN,Sep 6 2006, 10:23 PM
versionJDM, welcome to Portland! The Hawthorne area (around 39th Ave) is roughly 4-6 miles away from Ray Reese Mitsubishi (122nd & Burnside). There are 2 other mitsubishi dealers around, such as Town & Country Mitsu in Milwaukie (~13 miles), and Beaverton Mitsu (~14miles). These numbers came from the mitsu site. I used to live on Belmont (46th) so I used my old zip of 97215. Its a great neighborhood with lots of little resturants and boutiques and not too far away from downtown Portland. Renting is a great idea to start. I would imagine that there are some great rental homes because of its younger population. Good luck and welcome!
thanks for the warm (pre)welcome! i cant wait to make some new s2ki friends. thanks for the info, i will target my search on the said areas. bed time for me guys. TTYL
Old 09-07-2006, 06:56 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Think about the public school situation if you have kids. Be prepared to pay for private.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Harpoon,Sep 7 2006, 07:56 AM
Think about the public school situation if you have kids. Be prepared to pay for private.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Harpoon,Sep 7 2006, 07:56 AM
no kids, just a wiener dog and a s2k.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:37 AM

Too bad there isnt a Mitsu down here in Central Oregon This is a great place to live and you would be a little closer to Medford Portland is nice though. I just moved from Portland(well, Vancouver) in January.

If I were you I would try and move to Vancouver, WA and get on at Dick Hannah Mitsu. You will have less of a headache with traffic but you will still be 15 minutes from Portland. Plus the schools are leaps and bounds ahead of Portland schools if you do have kids or plan to

I just seen that you don't have kids, my bad

Quick Reply: maybe moving to portland