Old 10-02-2008, 07:57 PM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

YES!
Old 10-03-2008, 07:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who? What? When? Where?
Old 10-03-2008, 01:50 PM

Biden did a better job explaining his ticket's agenda than Obama did in last Friday's debate. Biden hit it out of the ball park.

As a lawyer, I view the debates much as I would view an appellate argument or a jury summation. Palin did all that she could to get herself out of the downward spiral she created for herself after the Couric interviews. Even a number of conservatives were critical of her before the debate. There was a lot riding on her performance. What she did in the debate was to recite several canned lines whenever she answered a question--if she even bothered to answer a question. Overall, given her limitations she did as well as could be expected.

There was one time during the debate, however, when Palin got off topic. It had to do with the question relating to the power of the Vice President. The answer she gave was totally unscripted and therefore represented the clearest insight into her thought process. Unfortunately for her, she got it entirely wrong. The responsibilities of the office of the Vice President are spelled out in Article I of the Constitution, not in Article II. The Vice President's role in breaking ties is no more a legislative role than is the President's role in deciding to veto a bill. Her answer about the Founding Father's having the wisdom to create an expansive role for the Vice President was pure gibberish.

She looked like a kid trying to bluff her way through an oral book report on a book she hadn't read.

Biden postively body-slammed Palin when he corrected her on her mistake--and note that she never attempted to rebut his counter.

I think that Palin can deliver a good political speech--look at her convention speech. But I am betting that from here on out the McCain team will only let her do interviews on friendly media outlets and will only let her do stump speeches. "No more interviews for Palin" will be the McCain mantra.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what was that quote that Biden had the other day ... something about Roosevelt on TV during the Great Depression?
Old 10-03-2008, 02:15 PM

she did better than i expected but it was still bad. everytime i hear her give a reply, i think about that teenage beauty queen from south carolina that was a YouTube hit last year. the beauty queen babbled on and on about nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R84a7njTd0

Old 10-03-2008, 02:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

in before the move to the politics section ...
Old 10-04-2008, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by RadioZero,Oct 3 2008, 06:15 PM
she did better than i expected but it was still bad. everytime i hear her give a reply, i think about that teenage beauty queen from south carolina that was a YouTube hit last year. the beauty queen babbled on and on about nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R84a7njTd0

Old 10-04-2008, 07:48 AM
Former Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by triman54,Oct 3 2008, 05:50 PM
She looked like a kid trying to bluff her way through an oral book report on a book she hadn't read.
Also, did anyone also count how many times she said "also"? I also love McCain, but I also think that at his age he also needed a stronger running mate, also.

I don't want another Joe Sixpack or Joe Dirt running the country. We don't live in an average country, so I don't want an average person leading it again. Average folks like me are too easily convinced by really smart people advising them to do stupid things.

I have every confidence in McCain's ability to lead, but I don't have confidence in his ability to live out his potential 8-yr term.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by negcamber,Oct 4 2008, 07:48 AM
Also, did anyone also count how many times she said "also"? I also love McCain, but I also think that at his age he also needed a stronger running mate, also.

I don't want another Joe Sixpack or Joe Dirt running the country. We don't live in an average country, so I don't want an average person leading it again. Average folks like me are too easily convinced by really smart people advising them to do stupid things.

I have every confidence in McCain's ability to lead, but I don't have confidence in his ability to live out his potential 8-yr term.
Let me play Devil's Advocate. How can one have confidence in McCain's ability to lead if his choice of Palin is an example of the sort of judgments he would make as a leader?

Quick Reply: JOE YOU ARE THE MAN!