Orlando The I-4 Parking Lot

need help ?

Old 03-13-2010, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help ?

hey guys i might need some advice on what just happened to me today... i was coming home from work going about 45 mph and all of the sudden i hear something POP.. and my EPS light turned on and my steering wheel is very hard and i cant even turn.. i checked all the fuses and everything seems to be working perfectly. Now i dont know what to do. i took it to someone at Delerium Motor Sport so they can look at it and they told me that it may be the power steering motor but i dont know where thats located in the car. what do you think ? every little advice or help counts and i will really appreciated...thanks
Old 03-13-2010, 04:37 PM

Received 1,112 Likes on 990 Posts

It sounds like the electronic power steering is out on your car. Best thing to do would be to take the car to a Honda dealer (or mechanic) and have them replace the motor.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/j...5=P.S.+GEAR+BOX
Old 03-13-2010, 06:44 PM

Do you see PS fluid anywhere? If you heard a pop, I'm guessing you had a line come loose somehow. I'd start with a visual inspection starting at the reservoir...just follow the lines.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by XScarAudio,Mar 13 2010, 07:44 PM
Do you see PS fluid anywhere? If you heard a pop, I'm guessing you had a line come loose somehow. I'd start with a visual inspection starting at the reservoir...just follow the lines.
we put the car on the lift and there was absolutely no leaks or any lines that came loose, this is very weird, have you ever heard of the Electronic Power Steering Module go bad ? this is just on opinion that i got from another mechanic today.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:00 PM

I haven't heard of it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen....but since you heard a popping noise, that sounds less likely to me.

Just a dumb question...is the PS fluid level where it should be?

My next guess would be to check for electricity at before the EPS module and after...I haven't worked w/ it on the S2000, but in other cars, I've had to do similar (and in the end, it was the rack slowly leaking fluid when turning, but not when stationary)
Old 03-13-2010, 07:09 PM

and i might sound really dumb but i dont think my car has a place for the Power steering fluid cause i did try to look for this but all i see in my motor is the clutch fluid and the break fluid... unless i can be mistaking.. sorry maybe there is something i dont know.. cause this is an electronic power steering
Old 03-13-2010, 07:11 PM

tomorrow i will have one of my friend come over my house with his s2k and try his electronic power steering module on my car just for a test to make sure that part is in good shape so if it starts working again then i know what it is. but will see. wish me luck. and thank for all you guys help and advise.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:11 PM

:doh: you are entirely correct....that's what I get for having a few beers before posting tech-help!
Old 03-13-2010, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by XScarAudio,Mar 13 2010, 08:11 PM
:doh: you are entirely correct....that's what I get for having a few beers before posting tech-help!
jajajajajaja...thats cool... i just though i might of missed something....lmao thanks
Old 03-13-2010, 07:16 PM

In the year and a half I've had my S, the only work I've done is upgrades and maintenance! haha, best of luck on what you find. In the AM, I'm gonna have to have a look at the steering system now.

Quick Reply: need help ?