Orlando The I-4 Parking Lot

Stolen S2K

Old 07-08-2010, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen S2K

Hey all.

The title explains it all. I had just moved to an apartment complex in the east side of Orlando about 2 weeks ago. Before I had rented a house with a garage.

I knew the risk I was taking when I was moving. Due to this crippling economy, I had to move somewhere more affordable. My original plan was to sell the S2000 anyway because I had a kid on the way. I posted an ad 2 weeks before I moved, but there were no interests.

I took the S2K with me hoping the S2K would still be safe in time for me to sell.

Then tragedy happened last night, or this morning. I walked out of my apartment this afternoon at 1 p.m. and my car was gone. No broken glass. My car's sunshade was in the parking spot next to it.

I went over to my apartment complex office and they said they didn't tow it. I called my bank and they said that my payments were fine and no one went to reposses it.

I called the authorities but they just wrote a report. They couldn't grab fingerprints off the sunshade due to the material.

My guess is that whoever stole it towed it out of the complex.

I'm officially done with Honda. Not through fault of their own, but seeing how criminals are really attracted to them. All this fear about tops being slashed, seats and cars being stolen, the haters that they attract. It is not worth the stress. Honda did make a perfect car in the S2K. So perfect that criminals will do whatever to get their hands on them.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:14 AM

wow i can't express how sorry i am for you about this! if you had any mods done to it post them up so we can keep an eye out for them on some of the other forums and craigslist. best of luck recovering your S. just after i bought mine i had my old integra parked right under a street light in front of my driveway so i could put the S in the garage. it got stripped and left on cinder blocks. $7k worth of parts gone in less than an hour. i know how this type of thing feels. once again, i'm so sorry for your loss.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by johny_tron,Jul 8 2010, 11:14 AM
wow i can't express how sorry i am for you about this! if you had any mods done to it post them up so we can keep an eye out for them on some of the other forums and craigslist. best of luck recovering your S. just after i bought mine i had my old integra parked right under a street light in front of my driveway so i could put the S in the garage. it got stripped and left on cinder blocks. $7k worth of parts gone in less than an hour. i know how this type of thing feels. once again, i'm so sorry for your loss.
Thanks, but it was completely stock : ( . The only thing it had was an Autozone "spiked" license plate cover/border.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:37 AM

Geeze man. Sorry to here that. Good Luck with everything.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:53 AM

Yea it was wishfull thinking that a S2000 in orlando wouldnt get taken or damaged. I am sorry for your loss man but we just live in a good place for nice things not to get stolen.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:26 PM

Sorry for the loss, I have always had a hard top, that seems to slow the criminals down. Hope you had drop insurance to cover the loss with the bank.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:45 AM

Oh wow, I am so sorry for that happening to you.

When my car is parked at work, I always am a bit fearful for what might happen to it, especially with all the slashed top/stolen seats stories.

Best of luck in finding your car again.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:54 AM

Wow, sorry to hear...
I am cleaning out/rearranging my garage, so my S has sat outside for a few nights. I fear the same every time i close the door...

Good luck with the insurance...
Old 07-09-2010, 09:46 AM

that sucks check orlandoforums.com and craigslist for parts ...
Old 07-09-2010, 12:20 PM

that really sucks man. sorry to hear that i wish you luck with everything and i hope everything turns out good for you.

Quick Reply: Stolen S2K