Ottawa S2000 Owners Ottawa Canada and area

Bought one!

Old 07-18-2005, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought one!

Hey gang,

Well as I have been hinting the last few weeks, I finally did it today, and bought an '03 GPW Honda S2000 from Terrebonne Honda in MTL.

Drove to MTL this morning took a good look inside, out, under, all over really, and she checked out just as they had promised me it would be. Made sure to check oil level, and it was fine. I then took her for a spin, and listened for noises etc. everything felt great. The only prob was the inside dome light would not come on? I didn't find this out until I arrived home and continued to fiddle with the car. Anybody else have this prob with theirs? Kind of worries me seeing as the car only has 29,500km's I was able to see all of the service records, and regular oil changes were completed, along wth the 24,000km maintenance package. Air filter, tranny, and differential fluids, amongst other stuff 2 days ago which I thought was good also.

The only thing that I didn't like, cosmetically, was the previous owner, had tinted the windows, rear soft top wondow, rear view mirror, rear half glass, and side mirrors in a blue tint. I guess he tried to match the interior with the tint? I hate it! I kindly asked the dealer if they could remove it, but said they couldn't, and it would be risky for them so they didn't want to take the chance. I aprreciated there honesty. I hope I can have someone here in Ottawa remove it? I know even the tint shops hate removing tint.

I love the car, and can't wait to drive her again! I plan to spend some time this weekend and do some more cruising, car is so fun to drive

Thanks again to everyone that helped answer all of my questions, much appreciated. Hope to see you guys around.

Add another S2K for the Ottawa crew

Tarcy
Old 07-19-2005, 02:39 AM

Congrats, and hope to see you out to some of our drives and events!
For the dome light I'm sure you checked but you know that the switch in the center is off/on and when the door is open, or something similar to that sequence?
Old 07-19-2005, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by hapa,Jul 19 2005, 02:39 AM
Congrats, and hope to see you out to some of our drives and events!
For the dome light I'm sure you checked but you know that the switch in the center is off/on and when the door is open, or something similar to that sequence?
Thanks!

As for the dome light, I played around with the swithch, and toggled it on/off and nothing. I even pushed the little button for when the door closes, cause I know on some older Honda's they tend to get stuck sometimes, but still nothing.

Im wondering if maybe it's just a bulb? or fuse?

Anyone else?
Old 07-19-2005, 06:39 AM

All of the windows are tinted blue????

That's wierd that the dealership would be hesitant in removing it - its a very simple procedure.

anywas, congrats!
Old 07-19-2005, 08:13 AM

Did you deal in english to the good people at Terrebonne Honda? Or did you deal with them in French?
Old 07-19-2005, 08:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats, I suspect the tint removal on the softtop would be the worst as it has the heater element for the defrost.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:28 PM

[QUOTE=hapa,Jul 19 2005, 08:13 AM] Did you deal in english to the good people at Terrebonne Honda?
Old 07-19-2005, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by 03_AP1,Jul 19 2005, 06:39 AM
All of the windows are tinted blue????

That's wierd that the dealership would be hesitant in removing it - its a very simple procedure.

anywas, congrats!
Yes all blue. I know I almost threw up when I saw it. The guy that would normally do the window tint portion was on holidays, and the other guys didn't want to take the chance.

Thanks!
Old 07-19-2005, 03:49 PM

Congrats on the car. I agree on the blue window tinting, yuk. It's a convertible, don't have to block light.

As far as the dome light, the only thing I can think of is check the fuses, maybe the door switch. Does the car warning bell go off when the door is open and the keys are in the ignition at the off position? Other than that, actual dome light bulbs and/or switches.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Fongu,Jul 19 2005, 03:49 PM
Congrats on the car. I agree on the blue window tinting, yuk. It's a convertible, don't have to block light.

As far as the dome light, the only thing I can think of is check the fuses, maybe the door switch. Does the car warning bell go off when the door is open and the keys are in the ignition at the off position? Other than that, actual dome light bulbs and/or switches.
Thanks bro.

The tint is coming off, and staying off. I was referred to someone who can do it no prob.

As for the dome light. I checked the bulbs and they seem to be in tact. The car does do the warning ring when the key is in the ignition. I'll have to take it to Honda for them to check.

Thanks again.
Tarcy

Quick Reply: Bought one!