Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Info about Seattle

Old 04-19-2012, 07:48 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts
Default Info about Seattle

So I am currently talking with amazon and the position is based at their headquarters in seattle. So I need to know something's about the area. Where I should be looking to live where to stay away from, weather, what s ownership is like in seattle etc etc. any insight or info would be very helpful. I would likely be renting for 6-8 months before my wife would relocate. This would be a major move for me which is why I am doing my research even though we are very early in the process.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I lived there for a decade or two, been in Cali the last 7 years but I'm moving back in 30 days.

That said, Mercer Island is the most expensive, Bellevue is next and probably the best over-all IMO, one of the fastest growing real-estate properties in the USA, amazing downtown area that's brand new and very safe.

The bad areas are federal way/tacoma/renton/ ....I'm sure people will chime wit ha few others. Basically they're all in one area for the most part.

Living in seattle is rather expensive for what you get, I'd say live in Bellevue somewhere around the I-90 bridge so you can commute and not pay the new toll on the 520 bridge.

Depends on how much cash you got to spend on rent. Expect a decent apartment in Bellevue to be about 1100-1500+ bucks for 2bedroom but you can imagine price varies with the area and how nice of a pad you want.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:56 PM

I know the area quite well and can tell you by zipcode what's good and bad if you post them here as you come across them on rent.com or what not.

98007 for example, older but nice, pretty safe, feel no worries walking around at 15 years old at midnight, between the 90/520 freeways.
98004, downtown bellevue, pretty expensive stuff, very safe, paying for the mall and expensive stores nearby.

Happy to help with anything you find, I know most every square inch of bellevue/redmond area.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:58 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Don't do it, you will hate it here! Rains every single day (even when its sunny out) Our freeways and side roads are congested up the ying yang with passive aggressive Prius drivers, who's most fun in life is to insure you drive at their 15mph under limit pace. And worst of all, we have the highest number of S2000 seat theft in the country. For the love of god stay where you are!

Old 04-19-2012, 08:06 PM

^ LOL.

Don't forget about everyone wearing Northface gear as though an expedition could take place at any given moment! Yuppies left and right and women who refuse to wear makeup or wash their hair.

It's a nice place!

So true about a passive aggressive prius owner, though it seems they can be found everywhere. I much enjoy driving my Jeep with my knobby tires hanging out the side 10 inches. I seem to always have the right of way. IDK if it's that or the flat green camo paint I did myself. Maybe the shaved head nazi looking thing I have going, the gun ownership stickers, whatever it is, it's effective.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:15 PM
Community Organizer

Yeah now that you mention it, I seem to always make better time in my lifted Toyota 4x4 with a big Nerf bar hanging on the front, funny

" An expedition at any given moment" So true

In reality, every demographic has its corks. And actually the Puget sound area is a pretty awesome place to live, its got everything here and its pretty laid back and intelligent minded, its sort of the countries best kept secret. Being a native here Ive seen its population and all the struggles that go with that bloom over the last 25 years, and its hard to deal with. I'd prefer if it stayed the countries best kept secrete place to live.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:19 PM

^ Really though, have you ever seen so many people prepared for climbing a mountain yet circle a parking lot hoping for a parking spot minimizing rain effects? lol Oh Seattle.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k
^ Really though, have you ever seen so many people prepared for climbing a mountain yet circle a parking lot hoping for a parking spot minimizing rain effects? lol Oh Seattle.
Yep
Old 04-19-2012, 08:50 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Lol ok so its rains all the time which I knew but kinda think it could be a nice change of pace from AZ where it rains maybe .5 times a year. Do you guys ever get to enjoy the car with the top down? Or should my first purchase be a hard top?

The amazon headquarters I think is here
1200 12TH AVENUE S SUITE 1200, Seattle, Washington, 98144

I tried looking for places near there but need to keep looking.

I am thinking I have to have a garage to park in so that limits my choices. Thanks for the info on where to stay away from. Its just like AZ as long as your careful you'll be safe.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:00 PM

I'm bringing my hardtop with and counting on selling a lot of hardtops as a side business. There's dry months, 1/2 of June/July/August..... and then the rain comes for the rest.

We know the amazon headquarters already as well as Microsoft and Boeing.

Car theft in Seattle is HORRID. AZ is probably worse than WA as a whole. WA people are pushovers generally and pretty soft.

Get an alarm or garage it though to be safe though fella. If you're wanting to stay in seattle you've essentially two choices, pay through the nose or live in a area that's ehh..... not unsafe but run down etc. Comes down to your price range of course in the end but that's no surprise.

Quick Reply: Info about Seattle