S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/pacific-northwest-s2000-owners-36/)
-   -   Seattle area Meet 'N' Crazy Drive - Thursday June 14 (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/pacific-northwest-s2000-owners-36/seattle-area-meet-n-crazy-drive-thursday-june-14-a-17139/)

Tedster 06-06-2001 11:52 PM

Seattle area Meet 'N' Crazy Drive

Hey northwest S2000 owners, join us on Thursday June 14 at 7:30pm at the Factoria Mall (Bellevue) Billy McHale's (next to the Big 5 sporting goods).

update: some of us will show up at 6:30 to eat before.

We'll take a Crazy Drive on a route of Jerry's creation. We'll drive at questionable speed along such thrilling thoroughfares at Cougar Mountain Way, Coal Creek Parkway, Devil's Elbow, Hobart Road, and others better left unnamed.

If you have an FRS (talkabout) radio, remember to bring it. Some of us will probably stop for food after sufficient Crazy Driving.

So far the attendees are:

Ben - "SpaceNeedle"
Ted & Daryl - "Tedster"
Ken - "KenS2K" (not sure)
Ray - "RT"
? - "SeattleSilver"
Jerry - "jerrypeterson"
Lawrence - "lawrence" (50% chance)
"Banannie" - Annie & "ronbauer" - Ron

If anyone else can join us, please post to this topic, and I'll update the list.

See you there!

Ted

KenS2K 06-07-2001 09:13 AM

Beware that porky joe has been running speed traps pretty regularly on I-90 between the Bellevue and Issaquah exits on nice days. Not uncommon to find one bike unit hiding in the center bushes with radar and a dozen or more other units lined up just off the freeway somewhere to do the ticketing.

Saw a row of motorcycles all get pulled over the other day.

I'll be there.

jerrypeterson 06-07-2001 01:36 PM

Duly noted as that will be the transit route for the start of the run. Not a good idea to speed on that stretch since there is a Highway patrol station in Eastgate. The rest of the route is back roads with fabulous territorials. There will be a pair of good photo ops on the route. Don't forget your camera.

Pray for sun!

RT 06-11-2001 10:02 PM

I don't have to wash my car, do I?

ScottB 06-12-2001 08:25 AM

If this weather keeps up, I think you will get a natural wash...

WRS2K 06-12-2001 08:59 AM

I was up near those roads in the Lakemont area. It's pretty damn sweet. A little Integra with a fart pipe tried to pull away, but it was so easy just to keep up behind him.

This run sounds cool. We'll see clearing by Thursday.

Tedster 06-12-2001 10:50 AM

Originally posted by SpaceNeedle
We'll see clearing by Thursday.
Hmmm, going for Harry Wappler's job? ;)

I hope you're right. Weather.com says:

Day: Scattered Showers, Hi 71 F, 40% Chance of Precip
Night: Partly Cloudy, Lo 50 F, 30% Chance of Precip
Sunset 9:07 PM

So who else will be there? KenS2K? ScottB? Anyone else?

lawrence 06-12-2001 11:17 AM

I'm about a 50 / 50 chance ...

Just like the weather ..

"drive it like you just stole it "

la:confused: :confused:

ScottB 06-12-2001 11:54 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tedster
[B]

Hmmm, going for Harry Wappler's job? ;)

jerrypeterson 06-12-2001 12:38 PM

If we get rained out I will be VERY unhappy. No matter what I will be there though. Don't be disappointed if I drive a little slow on wet roads: I am still getting used to the car. :rolleyes:

If it is really pouring we can all have drinks at my place, and watch the NSXFiles videos.