Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Theoretical question

Old 04-17-2006, 09:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Black2001S2K,Apr 16 2006, 10:15 PM
Being a state trooper I was wondering If I can request a court hearing in Vancouver Washington, which is 15 minutes from me and 3 hours from him.
You may be able to get a change of venue but I doubt the courts would be willing to accomodate you (you're guilty before proven in traffic court).

The revenue from that ticket does not go the the State Patrol, it goes to the county/city you were stopped in. I think the state gets a piece of it, but most of it goes to the local government. So, you'd be dealing with a local court, not a state court and up in PA, I don't think they'd really give a crap that you had to drive 3 hours, as long as you did it safely.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck trying to get the case moved to a closer location.

First thing, fill out a request for information and get a copy of the officers report. You can get the forms from any State Patrol office. They'll tell you how to fill it out and where to send it. Simple stuff like incorrect DL expiration, wrong color car, etc. really doesn't matter.

In Washington state, you're allowed one ticket differment every 7 yrs. You go to court, pay the ticket, some court fees and then the ticket doesn't show up on your insurance. Unless you can prove that what you did was the safest, best course of action to a judge, this may be your best option. (Or, contest the ticket, subpeona the officer, and pray to the Almight the cop doesn't show.)
Old 04-17-2006, 08:51 PM

keep it simple. get a pro to rep you.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:13 PM

The thing is that everything that happened was almost instinctive. I would have rear ended the guy would I not have swerved. When I was in the oncomming lane I tried to get out asapso I had to speed up. There were care on my left and the oncomming lane was the only way to avoid the vehicle directly in front of me. Now I wasn't going to argue with a pieed off cop, and I was still in shock from what occured as was my fiance, who was also in the car. I think I can contest it becuase the ticket is for "negligent driving" but I was trying to avoid the accident in the only way I saw at that time. This is anything but negligent driving.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tell it to your lawyer, dude. We can't help you.

And no, you can't get it moved from the county where it happened, as far as I know.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:56 PM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Going into oncoming traffic as an evasive maneuver is pretty negligent (since that implies you couldn't check for on coming, cause if you had time for that you had time to slow w/o rear ending)...... delivering the a$$ punch is a way better choice in your "scenario" ............ better re-concoct a new "reality" then get a lawyer

Remember, getting cut off and getting side swiped is two distinctly different things that you have contradicted yourself on already. Get that story line bored and honed prior to "Realitizing" it to yourself and your kids.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:01 PM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

BTW, the middle pedal can always pull more G's (in the S2000 at least) than the pedal on the right so the "speed up to clear the oncoming lane" vs. falling back to clear sounds like total

LAWYER UP DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-17-2006, 11:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RT,Apr 18 2006, 12:01 AM
BTW, the middle pedal can always pull more G's (in the S2000 at least) than the pedal on the right so the "speed up to clear the oncoming lane" vs. falling back to clear sounds like total
Ray, I know you know there are exceptions to that, where the right pedal is the better choice. Nevertheless, this probably wasn't one of them.

BlackS2K dude, don't waste your time trying to convince us. We've all been there, and we know it was really a case of "WTF is that slow bastard doing cutting me off -- I'll show him!"

1-800-ALAWYER
Old 04-18-2006, 07:11 AM

Well, you have to realize I was driving my Finaces Hyundai Elantra.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well then the middle pedal was definately the better choice.

You screwed up, pay your fine.

Quick Reply: Theoretical question