S2000 Body and Paint Body kits, paint, ding repair and related discussions

...but Blue or White...?

Old 01-17-2014, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ...but Blue or White...?

Hi all, new guy.

I've decided on buying an s2000 as my next car, and I'm wondering what color would be better: Laguna blue or White.

Here's where my brain keeps getting tied into knots:

LAGUNA BLUE
I mean just look at it. My favorite color the S2k comes in, hands down. The thing is these things never come up for sale around me. The nearest one (that i'd consider (stock, good miles)) is in Portland and apparently there's some issue with the engine that the dealer just discovered. I can only search for LGP S2ks in cities I can easily get to and from in a weekend (Los Angeles) and they just never, EVER show up. A buddy of mine who's more experienced at buying cars than I am said that really you can't get married to a certain color, especially for a future daily driver. Bringing me to:

GRAND PRIX WHITE
It looks very classy, refined, and just as 'California' as LBP. On top of that, the white with full red seat interior is what the original S600 came with back in the 60's (along with Red and Black interior). So there's the classy look thing, the Honda history/pedigree thing... and on top of that, there's a perfect 2009 white/red int. about 20 minutes from where I live.

I've heard both colors are hard-ish to maintain, LBP over white, but white is 2nd most popular with police officers when it comes to being pulled over to talk about preferable driving habits.

My question, I guess, is this. Would you guys hold out for the 'ideal' color, or go for the classy and super rare 2009 sitting at your doorstep? Totally first world problems, and I'm so lucky to be in this position in the first place. But yeah.

LBP owners: did you wait? did you like waiting? was it totally worth it?

GPW owners: how easy is it to maintain? why white? anyone else go for the 'because the s600 looked like this' reason?

2009 s2k owners: cool to have one of the handful of the last s2k's in the USA, or really is it just another well maintained ap2?

some more info:

it WILL be a daily driver
top will be down pretty much the whole time (except when parked)
keeping it STOCK
Live in LA (referenced above) so little weather hazards / big dumbass driver hazards

--CJ
Old 01-18-2014, 12:13 AM

Well to be honest , Laguna BLue is a great color , GP White as well.

But i owned 2 S2K as of yet , my first was a 2009 MoonRock and now i have a 08 B Black.

I think Moonrock is a really cool color which US doesnt get to enjoy but i have always dreamed of Yellow.

The reason to that is , Carbon parts look awesome on yellow and you cannot go wrong with the black wheels and such.

Just my opinion though
Old 01-18-2014, 04:20 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

CJ,

You would probably get more response in the Introduction or S2000 talk forums than the body/paint forums. The darker colors are generally harder to maintain, as they show every imperfection, but are dazzling when maintained. For a daily driver, a dark car would be a PITA to keep looking nice. White is classy, hides light dust and dirt amazingly well. It's all about personal preference CJ, buy what you want and are wiling to maintain. Good luck in your search.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

White is the unicorn bro. And white with red interior?! SOLD!
Old 01-18-2014, 09:58 AM

Thanks guys for your candor. Even this little bit of discussion helps. Vanishing Point, I'll go ahead repost the above in the intro subforum (put it here because, well, paint and body and all ).

thanks guys!
Old 01-18-2014, 10:02 AM

(moderators, if you wanna delete this thread, go ahead. I opened up a new one in the intros area.)