S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

ABS error

Old 10-16-2017, 01:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ABS error

Hello all,

I am having some troubles with my ABS for the last couple of months and I hope you can help me.

Problem is my ABS indicator is lighting up and giving errors.
- In the beginning the error was for my right sensor that was not working
- Measured the values from this sensor and it was clear it died.
- Measured the left sensor to be sure, but here we measured good values so no problem here.

- I have installed a new front right ABS sensor (got the left one delivered but this should not make a difference so installed it)
- Measured the values after the installation which look good.
- After clearing the errors the ABS light turns on again....
- Funny thing is that when the ABS light is out my ABS comes in during braking as soon as I go under 10km/h.
- When the ABS light is on, the car drives perfectly no issues..... (no abs when emergency brake)

- After this we have measured all the cables from the left and right sensor back to the ABS unit to see if there was no broken cable.
All cables gave clear signals so this should be ok.
- We have changed the ABS computer now as we thought this could give these strange problems but the problems stayed.

- We have now measured the values live while driving and we notice the following:
- All 4 abs sensors are giving us signals (the same signals)
- Right front sensor is not giving us a signal under 10km/h and picks up above (I assume tis is causing the ABS to come in when going under 10km/h during braking if the ABS light is not on)
- During a test drive where we have cleared the errors after they came up we got 3 different errors DTC 12, DTC 14 and DTC 21 (Right front sensor, Left front sensor and Right front pulsar)

Resume of what we have done / changed:
- Changed the right front ABS sensor for a working one (was originated from the left but this should not be a problem).
- Checked if both ABS sensors (left and right) where giving a good signal which they did.
- Checked all the cables if not broken, all gave good signals up to the ABS unit.
- Changed the ABS computer
- Changed the brake fluids (car is braking like crazy)

To be honest I have no idea what I can do from this point.... so I hope you guys / girls could help me out as this is giving me huge headaches at the moment.

Thanks for the help!

With kind regards,
Tim
Old 10-18-2017, 01:38 PM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Could there be something wrong with the toothed spindle thing on the axle that triggers the sensor? Like maybe it lost a tooth or got a rock stuck in it or something?