S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

AMR Engineering coilovers

Old 06-20-2014, 01:43 PM

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Default AMR Engineering coilovers

AMR Engineering, Are they still in business?

I ordered coilovers on March 4th 2014, They emailed me that their lead time is 4 to 8 weeks. I tried to call, email, message through their web, and message through their facebook, but got absolutely zero response.

If anyone know how to get hold of them, please let me know!
Old 06-21-2014, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fulken
AMR Engineering, Are they still in business?

I ordered coilovers on March 4th 2014, They emailed me that their lead time is 4 to 8 weeks. I tried to call, email, message through their web, and message through their facebook, but got absolutely zero response.

If anyone know how to get hold of them, please let me know!
They had a phone # on their website but email and phone calls are pretty much useless and all go unanswered. These guys are terrible on service, and customer support, so expect 17-20 weeks minimum!
Old 06-22-2014, 12:18 PM

What was your reasoning for going with AMR? I've read some ehrmmm...colorful reviews of the company and the quality of their dampers.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:01 PM

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

The reason I ordered AMR was that they performs very well on my friend's track only s2000 on a road course.
I received a set of AMR coilover last week. I checked them and looked ok.

While I was having difficult time contacting them, my friend sent me a facebook link, "AMR Engineering Ripped Me Off".
It looks like AMR Engineering has lots of customers who did not received their order.

I have a set of coilover from a company who has very bad reputation. It is very sad!
Resale of this coilover won't be good. After looking at what I got, Hell!! I decided to install them and see how it performs.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:35 AM

AMR is known for having issues with customers getting in touch with them, and for customers having to wait quite a while to receive their coils.

Andy, the owner / operator of AMR is just constantly swamped, but if you can get his attention somehow, he WILL take care of you. The difficulty is getting his attention. Try emailing both info@amrengineering.com and andy@amrengineering.com. AMR is a legit company, and I don't suspect you're being ripped off, it's just that they are usually very swamped and exceedingly bad at communicating with customers at times. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, you get the best customer service you'll ever experience, Andy will personally take care of all the issues you are experiencing, and you'll leave happy. I've seen this happen multiple times to multiple people.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by HappyMint
AMR is known for having issues with customers getting in touch with them, and for customers having to wait quite a while to receive their coils.

Andy, the owner / operator of AMR is just constantly swamped, but if you can get his attention somehow, he WILL take care of you. The difficulty is getting his attention. Try emailing both info@amrengineering.com and andy@amrengineering.com. AMR is a legit company, and I don't suspect you're being ripped off, it's just that they are usually very swamped and exceedingly bad at communicating with customers at times. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, you get the best customer service you'll ever experience, Andy will personally take care of all the issues you are experiencing, and you'll leave happy. I've seen this happen multiple times to multiple people.
At this point I'm more interested in a review on how the coils handle I don't have any personal experience with the company, fortunately or unfortunately (I'm not sure which) the online reviews scared me off.