S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Brakes and Suspension (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-brakes-suspension-249/)
-   -   Coilovers: Fortune-Auto 500, BC racing, or Megans? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-brakes-suspension-249/coilovers-fortune-auto-500-bc-racing-megans-1076065/)

liquid_helix136 04-07-2014 04:43 PM

So about to stir the pot a bit.

I was pretty set on BC Racing coilovers, PM'd a slew of sponsors to compare prices and THMotorsports sent me this reply. I found it interesting that he compared them to FA500s because those are the two I was cross shopping, and read this thread earlier today!

"Honest opinion though, your money is better spent on a set of Fortune Auto 500's. Built in the US by suspension techs not in SE Asia by child labor statistics, every set is custom built and tested on a shock dyno before it leaves and is packaged with a printout of the results so you know what you are buying, and they are made with better materials period. They also come with a 2 year internal warranty and a 5 year hardware warranty (BC's only have a 1 year warranty). "

He quoted me $100 more for FA500's at any spring rate and any valving.. Oh the decisions! :argh: :argh:

leoxle 04-07-2014 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by liquid_helix136 (Post 23102061)
So about to stir the pot a bit.

I was pretty set on BC Racing coilovers, PM'd a slew of sponsors to compare prices and THMotorsports sent me this reply. I found it interesting that he compared them to FA500s because those are the two I was cross shopping, and read this thread earlier today!

"Honest opinion though, your money is better spent on a set of Fortune Auto 500's. Built in the US by suspension techs not in SE Asia by child labor statistics, every set is custom built and tested on a shock dyno before it leaves and is packaged with a printout of the results so you know what you are buying, and they are made with better materials period. They also come with a 2 year internal warranty and a 5 year hardware warranty (BC's only have a 1 year warranty). "

He quoted me $100 more for FA500's at any spring rate and any valving.. Oh the decisions! :argh: :argh:

Thanks for your input! I was also set on the BC racing coils, but I did switch my mind and bought the FA500's. I think it was the warranty that really swayed me over. And I just got a sense that my money would be better spent on the fortune auto's. I have still yet to get my hands of them but I know I made the right decision.

!@#$% 04-07-2014 05:25 PM

THMotorsports was the vendor who hooked me up. I've nothing but good things to say about em. Good guys over there.

leoxle 04-07-2014 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by !@#$% (Post 23102138)
THMotorsports was the vendor who hooked me up. I've nothing but good things to say about em. Good guys over there.

I hear good things about them. I ordered my set from Kamispeed. So far, so good from them too.

ludeboy12 04-11-2014 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by !@#$% (Post 23099415)
Well, I ordered a set of Gen5 FA500's revalved with 13k front/12k rear swifts which I will be using on a 255 non-stagger setup. They told me it would take about 3 weeks to build, and I ordered them about 2 weeks ago, so we will see when they get here.

About to pull the trigger on the same 13/12 setup. What did you get yours re-valved at? +4 ?

I'm curious here. Thinking I might just wait till your final review though. Ah. Decisions, decisions.

!@#$% 04-15-2014 06:42 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I'm not sure what specs they valved/will valve them at to be honest although I requested them to be set to the spring rate specs. I probably won't be able to install everything until late may/early june since I'm ordering a set of downforce fenders in a couple weeks, and still need to get my rears rolled/ - tabs. I purchased the FA500s on 3/20 and haven't heard anything so I hope they show up soon because I just got a brand new apt to relocate to at the end of next month as well.

17x9 57xtremes +40
FA500 setup mentioned above
downforce front fenders
New front wheel bearings
new rotors/pads
valve adjustment- want to check intake side retainers for reassurance from prev owners
all fluids changed
also installing new power steering gearbox that I ordered the other day from majestic
oh and a new set of wipers...

Car has pretty much all original parts on it aside from the ap2 trans, and I only bought that bc I was getting the clutch/flywheel changed anyway.

So ya, here are a few pics anyway since I still don't have the suspension yet and some to show how aggressive the fitment is on 17x9 +40 for the fronts with a 255 dunlop dz2 (measured 263mm)

Test fit- not running these until suspension is on with a proper alignment.
Attachment 93351
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...59_resized.jpg
Attachment 93352
Attachment 93353
Attachment 93354

Nic01101011 04-15-2014 06:46 PM

Somebody tried to sell the FA to me using the whole built in the US spiel. I googled it, and as I had suspected, it looks as though they are assembled in the US of Chinese components, hence the low price.