S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

DGR coilovers write up

Old 05-25-2011, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DGR coilovers write up

So I was in need of some coilovers and although I didnt know much about DGR and there were not many write ups about there pro's and con's, i decided to jump on that group buy and purchase the track set with a spring rate of 13k/11k. First off the main thing that made me end up going with DGR in the end was the amazing customer service offered and there quick response to phone calls/emails. He is an extremely friendly guy and has no problem answering questions small or big.

The box came waaaay earlier then he said which was a great start off lol. The coilovers, much like other DGR write ups that u may have read, came very well packed with no damage to them what so ever. There finish was flawless, and i personally like the orange and black color scheme. It came with all the parts and tools he tells u he is sending and it came with instructions aswell.

The actual install was confusing but it was only on my part, I have swapped out struts on cars all day long but i didnt realize the complexity of coilovers as far as putting them in with the correct preload etc. I called him up and he walked me threw it over the phone and even emailed me detail instructions which was nice to see a company do. After installing and finally setting everything up properly i had plenty of room to lower it more. I use the car for auto cross so I didnt slam it as some other members prefer to do but if I wanted to I could go waaaaaaay lower.

After my first autocross event my impression is the same, they are amazing. you can see a difference between the adjustments up top. Alot of people were concerned about running the track set as a daily driver but i honestly have no problem, it goes over pot holes smooth as hell but when it comes to hard turns it sticks to the ground as you would expect them to. I highly recommend these coilovers, I have ridden in other peoples s2's that have kwv3's and tein mono flex and i could confidently say they feel identical, which if u take into consideration their much lower price, there warranty and amazing customer service its a no brainer for me, if i had to do it over again i would get them again without a second thought.

I didnt include any pictures cuz we all know what coil overs and a lowered car look like.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:23 AM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Mr DGR can you post up the detailed instructions?