S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Need help w/ Eibach install (possibly gone wrong)

Old 02-02-2010, 07:06 PM

Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

That looks horrendous. The springs should be settled after 1/4 mi of driving and then re-tighten everything up. Did the shop even loosen the rest of the suspension when it did the install? Wait, are those 16" rims or 17" rims?
Old 02-02-2010, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That still looks like a bit too much gap. Maybe with time.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That still looks like it has alot of gap front and back!
Old 02-03-2010, 04:03 AM

I think you all aren't seeing what I'm seeing--look more at the straight on shots of the wheels (they're 17's in AP2 spec tires)--the gap is only 2 fingers front and rear, it use to be more like 4 front and rear, so it's definitely lower and looks more in line w/ what I've seen from other S2000s w/ Eibachs

SakiGT--weren't you the one that said it should be 2.5 finger gap or less? Well it's actually less than that in the pictures, and I have skinny ass fingers so it may only be like 1.5 finger gaps

Remember, Eibachs aren't meant to slam the car (and that's NOT what I was wanting, this is my DD so I want a ride and height I can live with), they're only suppose to give a 1" drop, and I'd say I've gotten that much or more. In person it's obvious, so maybe the pictures don't do it justice I guess
Old 02-03-2010, 05:00 AM

I'll be installing Eibach's on my AP2 this spring. Would enjoy hearing your handling impressions as research has shown these springs were originally designed for the AP1.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by shoes59,Feb 3 2010, 10:00 AM
I'll be installing Eibach's on my AP2 this spring. Would enjoy hearing your handling impressions as research has shown these springs were originally designed for the AP1.
as far as comfort goes, I don't notice the ride being any more harsh at all, if anything it's maybe even a tad less rough than stock

regarding handling, it's hard to say so far since they've only been on a couple days, but it does feel tighter in corners. I don't think you'll notice a dramatic improvement in handling from just changing the springs no matter what brand though, you'll probably need coilovers, etc for that. I thought the stock handling was fantastic though, so I didn't care about improving on that too much; I was really only going for an improvement in aesthetics
Old 02-03-2010, 05:25 AM

comparison photos (granted this is only 2 days after install, so they may settle more, but it's definitely different than stock--my camera angle may not be the best though for showing what it looks like in person)

rear before:

rear after:

front before:

front after:

Old 02-03-2010, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by Black Knight,Feb 3 2010, 06:19 AM
regarding handling, it's hard to say so far since they've only been on a couple days, but it does feel tighter in corners. I don't think you'll notice a dramatic improvement in handling from just changing the springs no matter what brand though, you'll probably need coilovers, etc for that. I thought the stock handling was fantastic though, so I didn't care about improving on that too much; I was really only going for an improvement in aesthetics
Thanks for the reply. Like you I'm installing them for asthetics. But, I'm concerened with the spring rates. From my research the spring rates on the Eibach's are higher in the rear than the front, whereas the spring rates on the stock springs are higher in the front than the rear. I'm worried this may make the car even more tail happy.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:13 AM

Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Fwiw, here's what my gap looks like on Eibach Pros with Koni sports - I believe they are on the low perch, meaning I could go lower, but I have what looks like a lot less gap than you. Are you on the OEM Showa shocks? Maybe the perch with Konis makes the car sit lower.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:36 AM

[QUOTE=Saki GT,Feb 3 2010, 11:13 AM] Fwiw, here's what my gap looks like on Eibach Pros with Koni sports - I believe they are on the low perch, meaning I could go lower, but I have what looks like a lot less gap than you.

Quick Reply: Need help w/ Eibach install (possibly gone wrong)