S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

What Coilover?

Old 01-17-2012, 02:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Coilover?

I got and 04 s2k recently and am considering lowering it. My question is, what would be the best Coilover for me? I dont want to loose any handling performance, would like it to improve or at least match the stock performance. I want the ride to be somewhat comfortable. I don't mind stiff, just not rock hard. And of course, decent height adjustability. My budget is up to 1k. I was looking at both Megan track and street coilovers, but read that they are super stuff. Give me some opinions
Old 01-17-2012, 03:14 AM

there is a million posts about this, one every day pretty much.
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/forum/249...nd-suspension/
Old 01-17-2012, 03:28 AM

I forgot that there was that section, sorry:/ feel free to move the post lol. But even going through those posts I didn't find what I was looking for, half these kids just want to "slam" their car to make it disabled becuase it looks cool.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hondavet
I forgot that there was that section, sorry:/ feel free to move the post lol. But even going through those posts I didn't find what I was looking for, half these kids just want to "slam" their car to make it disabled becuase it looks cool.

From the research I have done, and being like you wanting a comfortable ride, I would bet the Bilstein PSS would be ideal for you. Fits right into your budget. The PSS9 is a little more, but will offer you more control of dampening. Bilstein is the most comfortable from what posters say, and gives you the ability to keep it as soft as factory, or go full race (pss9).

Just my .02 from being in a similar situation to you.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:06 AM

Megans are too stiff and the dampers are not as great as the Bilsteins. I have the Megan Tracks and I love how stiff they are but not the most comfortable.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would invest in spelling classes first. The word "loose" is not the same as "lose", especially in suspension discussions.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:42 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

+1 for Fortune Auto

btw...coilover isn't a proper noun
Old 01-17-2012, 11:14 AM

i have d2s, i love the feel, stiff yet comfortable
Old 01-17-2012, 11:22 AM

Thanks to those who helped. I will look into those. Spelling classes? Wow I feel like I'm on Honda tech again. Grow the f@#k up. Did you really not know what I meant by "loose performance" even though I miss spelled it? Everyone else but you seemed to understand what I was talking about. Just because you didn't get any last night, doesn't mean you have to go and flame people's posts.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hondavet
Thanks to those who helped. I will look into those. Spelling classes? Wow I feel like I'm on Honda tech again. Grow the f@#k up. Did you really not know what I meant by "loose performance" even though I miss spelled it? Everyone else but you seemed to understand what I was talking about. Just because you didn't get any last night, doesn't mean you have to go and flame people's posts.

Quick Reply: What Coilover?