S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 CR Club Racer Edition (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-cr-club-racer-edition-279/)
-   -   Center console touch up (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-cr-club-racer-edition-279/center-console-touch-up-1034011/)

mgfloCR 08-09-2013 06:36 AM

Their liability info from their website may give me problems for reimbursement :( :

Liability: Neither iSimple, AAMP of Florida, Inc., any of their subsidiaries or affiliates, Nor any such person's or entity's respective partners, officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives or agents may be held liable for direct, special, incidental, consequential, punitive, or indirect damages arising from, but not limited to, the sale, transportation, installation, use or repair of its products, or the use of this website, which is available on an "as is" and "as available" basis. You, as an iSimple customer, will be responsible for selecting a reputable installer with current liability insurance to cover any damage that may arise through installation of an iSimple product. Should the customer choose to install the product hm/herself, iSimple is not liable for any damages to property or injuries incurred by the consumer or other parties. iSimple's listing and recommendation of an installer or installation facility does not constitute grounds for any liability. You therefore agree that iSimple's maximum liability arising from any product sold by iSimple shall not exceed the price of such product. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation of exclusion of liability for certain damages, so the above may not apply to you to the extent such jurisdiction's law is applicable to this agreement.

So a forewarning to anybody thinking about trying their products. I asked for a return shipping label and haven't gotten a response yet. I'd like to ship it out today and then get quote on the replacement/repair from the dealership. Things aren't looking bright after reading that... :(

UPDATE:
They wouldn't provide me a shipping/return label.

FurY 08-09-2013 07:42 AM

Really sucks to hear you're dealing with all this but I can't say I'm surprised by the "service" you're getting either. It seems like most companies these days just don't want to do anymore than they absolutely have to and make you jump through hoops to even get anywhere (which may become a dead end anyway).

Best of luck in getting the matter resolved... I'm not sure if you think it's worth your time and money, and I hate that this is sometimes what you have to do to get anything done but, if you really want to drive the point home I would have an attorney draft up a letter to send to the company to try and get resolution. Sometimes just the threat of legal action alone is enough for them to own up and resolve the problem.

thenoxus1 08-09-2013 10:36 AM

A simple thing like that is not grounds to not reimburse you in court. Just because they write that doesn't mean it holds in court. Trust me. My local news station does investigations etc, contact them about the risk of fires and they may look into it. That may be enough to spook iSimple.

des_si 08-13-2013 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by thenoxus1 (Post 22715789)
A simple thing like that is not grounds to not reimburse you in court. Just because they write that doesn't mean it holds in court. Trust me. My local news station does investigations etc, contact them about the risk of fires and they may look into it. That may be enough to spook iSimple.

Yes, this is true! Most courts would not hold up a provision like this because it is too general. Also, you never signed an agreement to this effect. Just because they put this on their website, doesn't mean you will never get a reimbursement from them!

I think you can definitely get them to reimburse you for some, if not all, of the damage. But you have to ask yourself if it's worth the hassle.... because it might take a bit of hassle unfortunately.

mgfloCR 08-14-2013 11:30 AM

UPDATE:

So I received these 2 emails today.

First, from the rep:
"We have just received your module and your cable. I have released your unit to our customer service team for evaluation. As soon as I get a response from them I will contact you. Thank You for your patients.
R.O."

Second, from customer service:
"Sir,
We have received your correspondence with our Technical staff in relation to your iSimple unit and have received the parts for review. Due to the condition of the cable, we are unable to determine a definite cause of failure. However, we will be happy to replace your unit with an updated unit.

Your updated unit will ship today from our Clearwater, Florida warehouse to the Orlando, Florida address provided.

Thank you for using iSimple.

K.K."

They received my unit on Monday (I tracked it through USPS). I received the replacement unit, which is way more updated than the one I had bought. But it seems sketchy to me to simply say that they can't look into the cable because of the condition? Am I wrong to get an eye twitch from this?

I responded with this:
"K.,
It would be in both of our interests to figure out how this product overheated to the point of melting. Simply replacing the unit will not undo the damages this iSimple product has done to my car. I have already gotten a quote from the local dealer on replacement parts, however the leather portion of my console may be not be replaceable due to the car's discontinuation. My only option would be reupholstering it.

I want to know that this unit is being examined thoroughly for the cause of failure and any reimbursement for the damages it has caused.

Thank you and I appreciate your time"

mgfloCR 08-14-2013 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by des_si (Post 22722787)

Originally Posted by thenoxus1' timestamp='1376073416' post='22715789

Yes, this is true! Most courts would not hold up a provision like this because it is too general. Also, you never signed an agreement to this effect. Just because they put this on their website, doesn't mean you will never get a reimbursement from them!

I think you can definitely get them to reimburse you for some, if not all, of the damage. But you have to ask yourself if it's worth the hassle.... because it might take a bit of hassle unfortunately.

Yeah, the hassle is starting to rise now. I really appreciate the feedback and really hope this ends on a positive note.

And FYI, for all the CR owners, that leather side wall on the center console is not available through Honda, nor was it an option it seems. So treat it well!

Vanishing Point 08-14-2013 12:06 PM

Try Majestic Honda for that part mgfloCR.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...tcgry5=CONSOLE

mgfloCR 08-14-2013 12:10 PM

Got a quick response:

"Sir,
The unit you will be receiving has a cable that will handle a 1 amp load, versus the 5volts carried by the original cable. The 5volt cable is no longer used on that module because the new unit is now able to use the iPad as well as the iPod or iPhone. The damage to the cable is extensive; this makes determining causality infeasible.

K."

Then my response with the included pic of the quote:

"I have mentioned this in the previous email and R., yet the question continues to be avoided which I'm not appreciating. I want to know what will be done to help replace the damages the original cable has done to my car.
Thanks."

http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/...ps003e489b.jpg

mgfloCR 08-14-2013 02:23 PM

A friend of mine brought this to my attention. Apparently, people on the TSX forums were experiencing the same "meltdown" on the iSimple cable since 2008. So I sent another email to customer service to make them aware:

"K.,
Sorry to send multiple emails to you, but it seems like I haven't been the only customer experiencing these "melting" cables for the past few years. I'm surprised this issue has not been rectified after it's been going on for so long.

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-ge...isimple-7.html

Luckily for these customers, they didn't experience any damages like my original cable caused.

Thanks"

mgfloCR 08-15-2013 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by mgfloCR (Post 22724834)
A friend of mine brought this to my attention. Apparently, people on the TSX forums were experiencing the same "meltdown" on the iSimple cable since 2008. So I sent another email to customer service to make them aware:

"K.,
Sorry to send multiple emails to you, but it seems like I haven't been the only customer experiencing these "melting" cables for the past few years. I'm surprised this issue has not been rectified after it's been going on for so long.

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-ge...isimple-7.html

Luckily for these customers, they didn't experience any damages like my original cable caused.

Thanks"

There's also this from the BMW forums...
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=759901