S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 CR Club Racer Edition (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-cr-club-racer-edition-279/)
-   -   CR/Swift Spec R to KW Clubsports (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-cr-club-racer-edition-279/cr-swift-spec-r-kw-clubsports-1097541/)

#172CR 08-31-2014 09:45 PM

Finally had time to read through your post. Nice job Adam. Nice to see the ClubSports come with top hats too!

takchi 09-01-2014 08:45 PM

Adam is my hero! :D

adrs2k 09-02-2014 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by alSpeed2k (Post 23308434)
In for updates! :thumbup:

Me too! HAHA, I did not drive my car at all last week :(. I did toss the keys to two other CR owners this past weekend so maybe they can chime in on their brief experience. I will have some big updates down the road.

Originally Posted by xoz (Post 23308437)
Great review Adam thanks, I too am looking forward to seeing pics. How your stance has changed.

Stance is perfect!! If you thought the car was looking spot on before, it's even better now imo. Lowering the rear and evening out the rake really helped the look.

Originally Posted by nos4you (Post 23309337)
Great right up!

Being a geek and always tweaking your suspension, Tein SRC's with dual edfc's would been really fun. But I hear you reasons against tein. I too am stuck between Tein Src, kW v3/cs or DFV's. By the way have you had any other coilovers to compare the cs's with?

Thank you sir. I did really think about that setup, but based on my useage and requirements I was advised to not get the standard SRC's. I did not want to pony up the money for a custom setup either.

Previously I ran on Tein RS on my 2004 S2000. They had 10K springs all around, solid top hats, and were dual adjustable. It has been a long time since running those coilovers and the '04 and CR are very different cars so its hard to make a fair comparison. One thing that sticks out in my head was that the old Tein RS were not valved to my liking. They were overly soft on the valving IMO and I could easily run full stiff rebound on them without any harshness on the street.

Originally Posted by pastoli (Post 23309948)
Awesome review Adam! I will be using this as a baseline for choosing suspension once I get to that point!

Miller is having track days September 26-28, and October 17-18. It would be awesome to meet up there and test out this suspension :D.

Glad I could help. I wish I could come out and play. Maybe in the spring we can finally arrange that group track day we have been talking about.

Originally Posted by #172CR (Post 23310310)
Finally had time to read through your post. Nice job Adam. Nice to see the ClubSports come with top hats too!

:tipwink: I did want a system with Top hats.

Originally Posted by takchi (Post 23311514)
Adam is my hero! :D

That's funny, because you are my hero :hello:

adrs2k 09-02-2014 08:39 AM

Future update. I am lucky in having a couple close local friends with CR's. We are planning on doing a stock CR, CR/Swift, and CR/Clubsport evaluation. This will include driving the car over the same roads, pictures, and etc. I just need to find a route that has a good mix of everything (bumps, highway, on/off ramps, back roads).

alSpeed2k 09-02-2014 11:31 AM

^Wow, that's awesome! I'll have to tell my friend, Seeker1, with a CR about this post.

s2k4life_az 09-02-2014 06:54 PM

Hey guys - nothing too technical but a short recap of driving feel. Took Adam's car out for a spin last weekend. The best way I can describe the car now is that it felt way more solid than mine or a stock CR. The suspension provided a very comfortable and non-jarring ride. It's a more weighted feel in the car during high speed acceleration and turns like that of more expensive cars with higher-end suspensions. With the settings that Adam has chosen the steering is tighter and tends to make full use of the non-staggered wider wheel setup upfront. The car tracks extremely well. Adam will report more on this once we have a proper review spending the day driving all three cars with specific criteria to assess for a full comparison.

alSpeed2k 09-02-2014 10:09 PM

^what's your setup?

s2k4life_az 09-03-2014 05:16 AM

Swift R springs/CR shocks.

iamxpl 09-03-2014 05:51 AM

I will have something to add to CR suspension reviews in the fall =)

alSpeed2k 09-03-2014 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by s2k4life_az (Post 23313716)
Swift R springs/CR shocks.

Staggered?