S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 CR Club Racer Edition (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-cr-club-racer-edition-279/)
-   -   CR/Swift Spec R to KW Clubsports (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-cr-club-racer-edition-279/cr-swift-spec-r-kw-clubsports-1097541/)

TougeHorseman 10-05-2014 12:29 AM

Please comment on the "cons" of the new coilovers compared to the stock CR suspension.

adrs2k 10-06-2014 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by TougeHorseman (Post 23357058)
Please comment on the "cons" of the new coilovers compared to the stock CR suspension.

I personally do not think there are any cons, but here are some items that some may view as cons.
  • Price.
  • Price does not "buy you" a huge performance gain - performance gain is most likely very small and is only present if the driver can exploit the potential of the coilover.
  • Slightly noisy at times. Pulling out of the driveway I can hear the solid top hats (very minor and quiet).
  • Dual adjustable - some people may not want to, or be able to dial in the setting in which case the Clubsports could hurt performance.
  • Adjust ability can be a distraction if you are not a very experienced driver. Instead of focusing on learning to drive better/different you may find yourself fiddling with the shock settings. I would not advise novices to buy dual adjustable coilovers. Stock CR is a better tool to learn on.

tcjensen 10-15-2014 06:43 AM

The performance increase is significant if set up right and driven to max potential. Though I'm comparing stock regular ap2 to KwV3. I would would think CR to clubsports would be similar

sn0wman 10-22-2014 10:19 PM

hey adrs2k, i have a quick question regarding the rca's. from your review, it looks like you installed them after installing the kw clubsports? did you have them on with your cr/swift combo? thanks

adrs2k 10-23-2014 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by tcjensen (Post 23370306)
The performance increase is significant if set up right and driven to max potential. Though I'm comparing stock regular ap2 to KwV3. I would would think CR to clubsports would be similar

I will be on track later this year so we shall see.

Originally Posted by sn0wman (Post 23379683)
hey adrs2k, i have a quick question regarding the rca's. from your review, it looks like you installed them after installing the kw clubsports? did you have them on with your cr/swift combo? thanks

Sure thing! That is correct, the RCA's were installed the same time as the KW Clubsports. That is because the RCA's actually lower the ride height and when I was on the cr/swift combo it would have made the car even lower...in fact too low. With coilovers you can compensate for the plates lowering effect by raising the car back up slightly which is what I did.

adrs2k 10-23-2014 09:39 AM

I don't think I really ever posted a pic of the current ride height. The car now sits fairly even front to rear whereas the CR/Swift combo had a decent amount of rake to it. I much prefer the new even look.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5607/...4ff5bcfb_k.jpgApex Blue Pearl by Adrs2k, on Flickr

pastoli 10-23-2014 03:44 PM

^Oh my :heart: !

sn0wman 10-23-2014 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by adrs2k (Post 23380299)

Originally Posted by tcjensen' timestamp='1413384204' post='23370306

Sure thing! That is correct, the RCA's were installed the same time as the KW Clubsports. That is because the RCA's actually lower the ride height and when I was on the cr/swift combo it would have made the car even lower...in fact too low. With coilovers you can compensate for the plates lowering effect by raising the car back up slightly which is what I did.

oh gotcha. so say i'm on koni's with similar drop to your cr/swift combo. there isn't a need for rca's at that height correct? thanks for clearing it for me :thumbup:

adrs2k 10-24-2014 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by sn0wman (Post 23380965)

Originally Posted by adrs2k' timestamp='1414085935' post='23380299
[quote name='tcjensen' timestamp='1413384204' post='23370306']

oh gotcha. so say i'm on koni's with similar drop to your cr/swift combo. there isn't a need for rca's at that height correct? thanks for clearing it for me :thumbup:
[/quote]

I believe that once you lower the car 1" or more RCA's should be used. That is also because from what I have seen the RCA plates that are available on the market start at a thickness designed to compensate for a 1" lowered ride height. If you lowered the car say .5" you could make custom spacers...

With your setup though there is no way to compensate for the added lowering effect of using the RCA plate so there is not much you can do. Another reason why its nice to have coilovers.

Carbon Blue 12-15-2014 06:42 PM

adam, what is your fender to center cap measurement now if you dont mind sharing? I know you had mentioned that you were at about 13.1 inches but you also mentioned that it settled an additional 0.25 inches. Whats it sitting at now? Any problems with hitting the bumpstops?