S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 CR Club Racer Edition (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-cr-club-racer-edition-279/)
-   -   Custom Numbered Door Sill Inserts - Place your order now (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-cr-club-racer-edition-279/custom-numbered-door-sill-inserts-place-your-order-now-1093115/)

FurY 07-24-2014 06:35 AM

As mentioned above(and it may be too early to know), I'd be interested to know a ballpark figure of what they will cost. Also I assume we'd be buying a pair of 2 with whatever the price is? I like where the design and ideas behind it are going so I'm in, just curious to know what we think they will cost.

One other question... do you know if we'll need to remove our OEM sills to put these in? Or will they fit flush over top of the existing OEM sill?

adrs2k 07-24-2014 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point (Post 23257380)
I'll just say I'll wait for the final version before deciding. The thought of having to purchase four sets of new door sill's may have something to do with my apprehension.

Ok, and buying four new sets of sills is not something you have to do, its something you may decide to do... ;)

I still think these have the potential to be pretty cool little keepsakes for the car, and even if they do not get installed, it would be neat to have!

If you have suggestions, or better ideas, please feel free to PM me!

goldenfri 07-24-2014 06:47 AM

Count me in, I already have some spare sills from another car. I think they are all the same.

1. adrs2k - Adam
2. s2k4life_az - Sandeep
3. pastoli - Tyler
4. 34WITT- Nathan :D
5. FurY - Jason
6. DaleJH66
7. Dreamer03
8. Kpc06bb
9. goldenfri - Jim

adrs2k 07-24-2014 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by DaleJH66 (Post 23257092)
I'm interested. Suggestion, have the yellow lettering be the same color yellow as our seats.

Factory, or as close to factory yellow is the plan!

Originally Posted by dreamer03 (Post 23257244)
Depending on the cost I might be interested.

I put a cost estimate in the OP.

Originally Posted by kpc06bb (Post 23257316)
Count me in!

:thumbup:

Originally Posted by FurY (Post 23257519)
As mentioned above(and it may be too early to know), I'd be interested to know a ballpark figure of what they will cost. Also I assume we'd be buying a pair of 2 with whatever the price is? I like where the design and ideas behind it are going so I'm in, just curious to know what we think they will cost.

One other question... do you know if we'll need to remove our OEM sills to put these in? Or will they fit flush over top of the existing OEM sill?

I put what I expect based on what I know so far as a ballpark estimate in the OP.

Yes the price is per pair.

I will work up a few more design ideas.

Yes the factory insert has to be removed. It is held on with a clip and a little bit of glue. From reading the original threads about these CF inserts it is very easy to remove the factory inserts and replace with the new CF ones. I will honestly strongly consider buying some BNIB sills to keep as spares and modify the ones currently on the car since they show some wear.

FurY 07-24-2014 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by adrs2k (Post 23257564)
I put what I expect based on what I know so far as a ballpark estimate in the OP.

Yes the price is per pair.

I will work up a few more design ideas.

Yes the factory insert has to be removed. It is held on with a clip and a little bit of glue. From reading the original threads about these CF inserts it is very easy to remove the factory inserts and replace with the new CF ones. I will honestly strongly consider buying some BNIB sills to keep as spares and modify the ones currently on the car since they show some wear.

Sounds good, thanks! :thumbup:

Mocky 07-24-2014 07:49 AM

Looks good man. :thumbup:

Go2 07-24-2014 11:06 AM

Awesome! Need this

adrs2k 07-24-2014 11:45 AM

There is always the option to get these as a collectible and or maybe use it in the engine bay. I think you could nicely adhere it to the radiator support so it is front and center in the engine bay. It could also be mounted inside the trunk lid so when you pop your trunk it's there. Just throwing some ideas around...

FurY 07-24-2014 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by adrs2k (Post 23258104)
There is always the option to get these as a collectible and or maybe use it in the engine bay. I think you could nicely adhere it to the radiator support so it is front and center in the engine bay. It could also be mounted inside the trunk lid so when you pop your trunk it's there. Just throwing so ideas around...

The radiator support would be a great place for people who don't want to use the door sill location

kpc06bb 07-24-2014 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by adrs2k (Post 23258104)
There is always the option to get these as a collectible and or maybe use it in the engine bay. I think you could nicely adhere it to the radiator support so it is front and center in the engine bay. It could also be mounted inside the trunk lid so when you pop your trunk it's there. Just throwing some ideas around...

Actually, I was thinking about the engine bay when I saw them, but my thought was to purchase three. Surely, that shouldn't be a problem - essentially, the plates are projected to cost $100 to $175 a piece. That sounds fair enough. I'm not worried about the extra sills - see no reason why I should ever sell this car.

How many orders are required to make this possible (or, how does the order count scale the cost)?

BTW, I love the additional photos of the original project. That looks fabulous. It's what the car deserves. Those photos also appear to contradict the statement that it replaces the sill insert - looks like it's attached to the insert's center.