S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Accessory Power Relay

Old 06-08-2012, 05:57 AM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by takeshi
Originally Posted by Andrenic' timestamp='1338867883' post='21754521
Sorry to bring up an old thread
No need to apologize for searching. More people need to do this on all discussion forum sites.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another success story here! I noticed this after a few days of owning my MY00. I went to Oreilly auto parts and bought relay 2DR1066. Unbolted that holding bracket, changed out relay that sits closest to firewall. 5 minutes later.

Power accessory plug not working: FIXED!
Radio doesn't turn on right away with anti-theft light still lit: FIXED!
Radio shuts off at random going back to anti-theft mode: FIXED!
Adjusting side view mirrors turns off radio: FIXED!
Pressing mute shuts off radio: FIXED!
Old 07-01-2013, 08:57 AM

This is a great thread folks ! ...it worked for me too...and so to the list of symptoms that this relay causes when it malfunctions you can also add my symptom : "S2000's oem head-unit temporarily stops when boot is opened" and here is the link to my thread when I was seeking advice on the matter last week - https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/102...#entry22641025.

Many thanks to petawabit who gave me the link to this thread and to all of you have contributed to this thread...S2KI is truly a great and helpful community !
Old 01-31-2014, 12:04 AM

I've been searching for a resolution to this issue literally for a year now....

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!! Picking up the Tyco Relay today for $2.50
Old 09-02-2014, 06:01 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

bumping this for help

just installed pioneer head unit, turned on for a second then turned off, i think i may have touched two wires by mistake

i no longer have power on the red acc wire, but i have power on the yellow constant wire, checked the radio fuse and its fine, think its this relay?
Old 09-02-2014, 06:43 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

nvm i fixed it!
Old 05-12-2015, 04:27 PM

Received 33 Likes on 12 Posts

I feel the need to bump this thread because I also had this issue of the radio powering down/turning off/shutting down/resetting when I plugged something into the cigarette lighter socket/accessory power outlet and reset at random times while driving. The outlet had 12V across it (outside barrel to inner contact) and fuses were good but still would shut the radio off. I searched for a while and never came across this thread (thats why I'm including so many keywords, hopefully it helps) and I was convinced the previous owner did something sketchy with the wiring since it has an aftermarket headunit. I was ready to tear apart the rear center console to figure it out before I found this thread, thank goodness.

I did not realize I also had the issue of the radio turning off when the side mirrors were adjusted until I tried it after reading this thread. Not sure about the mute button since the headunit is aftermarket and doesn't recognize that signal.

The relay simply unplugs by pulling (and wiggling) it out from the top. The grey outer housing slips off to uncover the internals. I showed 16 ohm of resistance across the normally closed contacts (Pins 3 & 4 in pic below).

Accessory Power Relay-egrcl40.jpg

Cleaned them doing the following steps:
  1. Rub paper towel between the contacts
  2. Spray electronic cleaner between the contacts
  3. Put more contact pressure between the noramlly closed contacts and rubbing them together in different directions
  4. Spray with electric cleaner again

This dropped the resistance to 1.5-2 ohms. I pulled the other relay that sits next to it (more towards the rear of car) and it measured 0.5 ohms across the NC contacts. I swapped the two relays since it had lower resistance and everything works great now.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:33 AM
oth

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

There are two fuses for the headunit in the underdash fuse box - #9 and #22, and one of
them is for the red acc and the other for the yellow constant, but sorry I can't remember
which is which.
Old 09-17-2015, 04:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I am going to have to try this.

Issues I have been having.

Accessory port is loose and is not powering up. I know this because my car threw a check engine light and when I went to get the OBD-2 port read it doesn't have power either. After doing some research and talking to a few people they say that there is a good chance that these two things are connected. I am going to have to try the radio and the mirrors and hopefully (?) there is this issue and it can all be corrected.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:41 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to bump an old thread. Can someone tell me which of the two relays it is? The picture seems to be gone since transitioning to vbulletin.

Quick Reply: Accessory Power Relay