S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Alarm wiring in '04 model

Old 02-02-2004, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2004 vs. other model years - I'm in the process of installing an alarm in my 2004 S2000. When I looked under the dash near the steering column, I noticed two unused connectors hanging near the column. One connector is white, with 14 pins in a row. I don't remember the other... but it was small, two or three pins. I traced them back to the keyless entry module, where they are SPLICED onto the factory harness at the connector for the module! There are also some splices to the door switches and trunk switch. It was obviously meant for an alarm system, as an afterthought. It even includes a relay! But the Honda dealer installed alarm harness does NOT use this connector. Do any of you have this connector on other model years and has it been used in your car? It does not show up in the Helms manual.
Old 02-07-2004, 06:49 PM

Not one person is willing to take a minute to look under their dash?
Old 02-07-2004, 09:20 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Relax bro, its saturday, and most people are hanging out, taking care of twins , and other things.

Its too cold right now, Ill check for you tomorrow.
Old 02-07-2004, 09:33 PM

Thanks - I wasn't expecting an answer the same day, but after five days I was beginning to wonder...

I noticed today that the splices (taps) are actually made by 3M so I doubt if they came from Japan! My dealer got this car from another dealer. Someone must have started to add an alarm... then ripped it out. Maybe no one else has this after all.

Cheers!

(No twins here)
Old 02-08-2004, 10:27 AM

no, i'm the one w/ twins...

and i hadn't had a chance to get under the dash and look, but i can say this much... last time i was under there, i don't remember any open harnesses hanging...
Old 02-08-2004, 06:57 PM

My MY04 with Silencer alarm installed, looking up under the dash, forward would be to the right. Not quite sure from your description where the 14-pin connector or 3-pin connector you mention would be.... hope this helps.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:33 PM

Wow, that was very nice of you! So it _IS_ installed at the factory! The reddish brown tap connectors at the left side of your pic are the 3M connectors that I was talking about. Those tap wires go into a harness. The connector is at the other end of that harness. On my car it is unused. I wonder why... There is also an inline fuse near the connector end.

I'll try to compare your photo to my installation in a day or two. It was a long day today. Thanks! Steve
Old 02-10-2004, 09:33 AM

My MY04 with Silencer alarm installed, looking up under the dash, forward would be to the right.
doesn't he have an aftermarket alarm in there? i don't recall seeing that up under mine... i'll try to take a pic asap and post it... regretfully, i've done a number of things up under there myself, so i'll hardly look stock either...
Old 02-10-2004, 04:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sparkie001
Wow, that was very nice of you!
Old 02-10-2004, 06:02 PM

Modifry - well that is what I thought. Honda would not be using 3M connectors in Japan, or an oddball sized fuseholder for that matter. But that means by coincidence both Silver Sails and I have a car with the same tap connectors used, dealer installed. I assumed that the extra wires in his photo were for his alarm. But I was suprised to see the same tap connectors. Since he has an aftermarket alarm that must be where they are going to. Small world.

You're right about the factory alarm. The harness is still added when you buy the OEM alarm for the '04. It makes a couple extra connections to the keyless module, to pins that are undocumented in the Helms manual.

Thanks guys.

Quick Reply: Alarm wiring in '04 model