S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Electronics (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-electronics-26/)
-   -   Alpine iDA-X001 (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-electronics-26/alpine-ida-x001-608161/)

EBinVA 06-27-2008 08:19 AM

I'm pretty sure 1 usb cable works for both devices (its a universal usb interface with an extension that plugs into the ipod... at least thats how mine is setup).

Personally I have not liked my X001 much at all. I've had it for 3 months and its pretty annoying. Mostly its that sometimes when I push one of the buttons the HU does not respond, so I push it again and it performs the function twice (like if I hit next track it won't do anything so a few seconds later I hit it again and it skips 2 tracks). I think mine might be defective because of that though and I need to go get it swapped out for a fresh one. Hopefully that will fix it. That really is my only issue with it, everything else is with the car (I really, REALLY wish there was enough room to fit a doubledin/touchscreen into the dash without lots of cutting/custom work that winds up looking not very good IMO).

Penforhire 06-27-2008 06:23 PM

I'm debating between the iDA-X001 and CDA-9887 myself. The other iDA decks don't have built-in Media Expander function. The cost to add it (Imprint module) brings them back above the X001 price. Some of you may look down your nose at M.E. but I enjoyed its effect on MP3's in my Z06's Alpine install, a noticeable improvement to me.

Alpine's various add-ons sure are expensive. I'd like HD radio too but not for $200!!

Nate4635 06-27-2008 07:26 PM

I just got it....and threw it in and my radio door doesnt close??

Anyone else have that issue... might have to get out the dremel!

BearNVa 06-28-2008 01:44 PM

[QUOTE=Nate4635,Jun 27 2008, 10:26 PM] I just got it....and threw it in and my radio door doesnt close??

Nate4635 06-28-2008 01:48 PM

Yea i looked at it a little and it looks like i might have mounted it too far forward. I think that the brackets might be bent a little as well that make it stick out :)

Nate4635 06-28-2008 08:07 PM

Heres my "Owned it for 2 days" review.

Initially I was a little frusterated, but i was primarily using USB drive, as opposed to my ipod. I never really messed with my ipod enough as i just used the on the go playlist or thumbed through the songs. For this deck however I found setting up playlists really helped. At first I thought to myself I LOST functionality over my 9833 and my MP3 CD's as the usb drive had the same file structure as the CD's i make but i couldnt navigate them the same.

I do really think the USB functions are terrible. I HATE that it pauses the sound when you search through folders, and the whole mix feature....you cannot search while you are shuffling a folder off a USB drive?? ....you have to press function, scroll to shuffle, rotate to off, and press enter, and then back...thats a LOT of keys just to take shuffle off.

Maybe mimicking the ipod controls isnt a good idea since you cannot use that like an ipod, unless you are a passenger.

And i couldnt close the radio door :) (stupid me....had to adjust the bracket)

So tonight I setup my ipod touch and got all my playlists set and ran the cable through to the glove compartment (had it just down under the seat) and i love that! clean looking.
So said to hell with the thumb drive for now and am using the ipod and a lot better! I can search and it still plays

Agreed that its not too intuitive to use the enter button instead of pressing on the wheel. Also while going through the function menu, your finger is not in an optimal position to hit enter, then scroll, and remember to hit back. Its a little quirky but thats just muscle memory.

Bottom line - B+. Agree with many of the pros/cons that are generally out there. Would have been pretty pissed if i had paid 300+ for it, but I like it!

philbert 06-29-2008 05:09 PM

You may want to consider adding Modifry's dash control interface (DCI). I pretty much just use it for volume, track advance and mute (which you can set to pause the ipod).

I bought it with the Apline wiring harness, which made the install consist of plugging 3 things together, but since you already have the deck hooked up, you can get just the DCI I believe.

Cheers,
Phil

itlynstalyn 06-29-2008 08:15 PM

have one, got it on clearance at best buy a while back for about $80. thing is freaking awesome. works perfectly with my ipod.

S2Kskeetskeet 07-03-2008 08:35 AM

I have it- I'm neutral. The sound and functionality is great, but like others I'm not a huge fan of the controls. Also it is hard to scroll to an exact song without going past it a few times. I may just be spoiled to my ipod touch though. Also, this could be because my ipod touch is jailbroken, but I'm having issues with the Alpine freezing up here and there. It doesnt happen enough to be annoying, but I would say it does it at least once a week.