S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Amp Rack

Old 10-21-2004, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PAS2KNut,Oct 21 2004, 10:01 PM
$50 and you can also host a group buy. Look at the second page under ecommerce, and you will see the fee for a group buy.
I was gauging interest to see if a group buy was in order. and i was nixed. hence my frustration
Old 10-31-2004, 08:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why not provide the measurements for folks who wish to build one themself?

I guess if you don't I will in the next week as I build my own.

Members who try to make a few bucks off of other members on boards like this have always struck me as sad.
Old 11-01-2004, 02:44 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by steve c,Nov 1 2004, 12:03 AM
Members who try to make a few bucks off of other members on boards like this have always struck me as sad.
I've posted the measurements at the bottom of the Electronics FAQ's.

Also, I do take offense to your comments. As a member who has dedicated a ton of time to this community, and who has built countless speaker adapters for free and paid for shipping, and who has done installs for free. I don't think you are in a position to make a comment about me without knowing me. Does Lucid post all of his information on what he sells for free?

I provide a service for those that don't want to mess with making them. However, all you needed to do is ask without insulting me, and I would have given you what you needed.

Thanks for your input, and good luck with your install.
Old 11-02-2004, 06:58 AM

Jim, Isn't trying to make a few bucks hes trying to help out fellow S members. Do you think he should do it for nothing at his cost? You should be thanking him not critiquing him.
I didn't even ask him but he offered me door speaker adapters when I was having a difficult time trying to get them from Lucid.
Lighten up!
Old 11-03-2004, 05:12 PM

Just got mine tonight it looks great two for a great product
and great seller .
Old 11-04-2004, 09:32 AM

is the group buy still going on? id like to purchase, but for some reason the page for the amp rack group buy doesnt open for me. is it just my strange computer?? i really wanna get this. thanx for listening
Old 11-05-2004, 07:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's where the subwoofer is supposed to go..............

You can get the new 12" pioneer sub in a box.............that fits........in the space ........where you have tha amp rack placed.........

Downward firing.......sounds great.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i decided to place my amps on top of the tool well enclosure which is still used to hold tools and the spare wheel will still be useable if ever needed, picture is of it built in ply i have filled and sanded it along with PVA glue to help no moisture problems, i am going to be spraying this black or red to match the car but might cover it with cloth so it blends in with the boot.

i had to build a template in timber as i was going to have it built in Ali but the cost of that changed my mind as they wanted to much so i thought i would use the template as the end product as long as i get it looking right.

sub enclosure i have nearly finished but as i have no car at the moment i can't show fitted pictures for a while until car is returned.

picture on the left is the top and the right is a side view to show that the amps will be angled instead of sitting flat. couldnt get much of a angle but its better than being placed flat i thought. was hoping to have a piece of glass to go over the top but not enough room once amps are fitted so it will be left open until i can find away of supporting the glass another way.

Old 03-09-2005, 03:03 PM

This is one of Pas2knuts originals, slightly modified.

i like it, it fits the car perfectly. no need to screw down. I cut the spare bump, it gives me more trunk space, allows my amps to breathe, and shows the power.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by steve c,Nov 1 2004, 12:03 AM
Why not provide the measurements for folks who wish to build one themself?

I guess if you don't I will in the next week as I build my own.

Dude you such a PITA. gosh! What the heck is wrong with you. BTW did you even make one and post the exact how to??

People like you is whats wrong with this world... so sad...

You have no call saying anything about Jim. He has helped so many people on this board. Were-as you just have negitivity free flowing from you. You cause so much trouble on S2KI its crazy. You start the trouble and then run away. Makes me crazy!

Quick Reply: Amp Rack