S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Customer build up , sub amp front componets

Old 06-20-2007, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Customer build up , sub amp front componets

It all starts in the morning with the car chilling in the garage.

Then it was time to start taking the car apart and prepping for the install

Here's what the customer brough to me

First steps where to run the power wires and rcas.

first locate a gromet to insert the wire through

Next pull wire though and check for clearance

Next mount the fuse holder , mount it don't zip tie it or just leave it hanging you'll have tons of problems if you don't and it's just not professional.

After that wireloom the wiring and ziptie it off away from all moving componets and not to interfer with anything.

After this point I went to the RCAs. Pull the radio out and hook them up accordingly. Run the under the carpet to protect it from water damage as well as to keep the car looking as factory as posible. also run your remote wire with the RCAs. Notice how they are ran on the oposite side as the power wire. This is to keep noise interferance to a minimal.

I also ran a set of speaker wires from each door to the rear where the amp is. It's no needed to do this step but it makes the install alot cleaner and is always better to upgrade.

After this I started to work on the componet set up. First thing was to find a location to put the cross over. make sure you have enough clearance to mount the crossover and something to keep it sold with so it doesn't vibrate , or fall off , get caught on anything or have any problems (right timmy?) First I made a template of the area that I wanted to mount the cross over

After which I made a real one for each side

This will actually do 2 things. It makes a better seal for the midrange to make a type of "encloser" and well as keeps a sold mounting place for the crossover.

next is the tweeters.

After finishing up with the doors , making sure everything works correctly , test the locks to make sure they move and function correctly , then roll up and down the windows to make sure it's not hitting any of the wires or screws and that it clears the magnet of the midrange.

Next I mounted up the amp to the brushed aluminum plate that I made earlier.

after that I got a drink at boarders

ok back to the car , next Cleaned up the box alittle bit to match the theme i'm going to go with and will all play together later.

I was given a grille to use to space it out for golf clubs and bags. I liked it , but not toooo much. Sooo I made a custom peice that can go in and out to keep it looking good with still keeping sound going and stylish.

that's about all i've got done today... this peice of cardboard is going to play the big part for tomorrow in which I hope to have everything done with , but looking more like friday.

and after the day
Old 06-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Former Moderator

Received 145 Likes on 116 Posts

Looks good.... I'm really really impressed

Can't wait to see the end result
Old 06-20-2007, 06:07 PM
Former Moderator

I was talking to some people earlier and commenting that the sub and box have travelled through a few of the Ohio s2000s..

Old 06-20-2007, 07:07 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

just thepics i was looking for
Old 06-20-2007, 07:33 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Seems like a waste of time to work on a black car, let alone an AP2, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:59 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by ruexp67,Jun 20 2007, 11:33 PM
Seems like a waste of time to work on a black car, let alone an AP2, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

indeed.. and reliability .. another waste right?

j/k
Old 06-20-2007, 09:26 PM
kix

nice, however, I'm not digging the way you routed the power wire. Shouldve ran it under the windshield wiper cover.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:47 AM

sweet, this should help me through my own install in just a few days...looking to be about tuesday.

What is the clear stinger box between the battery and headers? Fuse?
Old 06-22-2007, 12:07 PM

not much room underneath the wipercowl but he could have ran it behind and closer to the a/c lines to make it look a little cleaner.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:07 PM

here's why you don't run it under the wiper area , A your ac lines are there and it's bad to have the wire on freon when the AC is running.... B any shifting of the car can cause the wire to move , get pinched or get cut up causing problems. Also you don't run the power wire on the same side as the RCA's unless your ghetto , and the position I did the amp on it was best for them to be that way. It's better to run longer power wire then have RCAs going through 10 parts of the car to pick up engine noise.... thanks for the idea.

Quick Reply: Customer build up , sub amp front componets