S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Factory alarm not hooked up?

Old 07-06-2007, 05:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory alarm not hooked up?

i have an alarm on my car, and it appears to be factory. i had searched and found that the LED is located just as factory would put it as well as the valet and brain. here are pictures of the items i have:

i have tried holding down the valet for over 3 seconds just as i had read while searching. i don't get anything out of this. the only thing i can make it do is blink once.... then three times fast. this is the only action i can get out of it.

the owners manual doesn't have anything about the alarm, but rather the radio theft. i believe i may have the wrong remote as i read that there are two remotes, and the second one says option rather than showing a trunk as mine does. does this mean i have to purchase a new remote?

thank you for your help.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:04 AM

IM interested in knowing this as well. I have the exact same components and the exact same problem. No alarm, just keyless which works without the alarm unit even plugged in. I also dont get the horn honk when i disarm like some other guys i know with the same setup get.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:12 AM

^^^darn it. i was excited that someone had finally replied to my thread to help. LOL

to get the horn to honk, i press the "lock" button once to lock my doors, then immediately once again and the horn will honk. does this not work for you?
Old 07-06-2007, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Izn Trbl,Jul 6 2007, 08:12 AM
^^^darn it. i was excited that someone had finally replied to my thread to help. LOL

to get the horn to honk, i press the "lock" button once to lock my doors, then immediately once again and the horn will honk. does this not work for you?
It works when i lock, but some folks get it to honk when they unlock. This does not happen for me. I think if the alarm is working properly then it will honk when unlocked too.

Sorry for the false hope on the post
Old 07-06-2007, 04:09 PM

LOL. i posted this this morning in hopes that i could get some help and work on this during the afternoon.

anybody with any suggestions?

perhaps i should just go to the stealership? LOL
Old 07-07-2007, 04:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have that same thing and was wondering what that red thing was... but mines doesn't work either. only honks when locking, but not when unlocking.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:06 AM

Ok, i have the answer to all your questions lol. Izn you have an alarm, but that remote is not for the alarm system. The alarm system remote has the word "option" where the trunk button is. I am assuming you bought your car used and the dealer just didnt have the Key Fob for it. This happened to me, so i looked for just the remote, and i couldnt find one, because the alarm part is not reprogramable. I ended up buying a new one, if its already installed it take like 15 mins to just swap out the brain to a new one so that the new Key Fobs that come with the new alarm will work. Also if you dont want a new alarm but really want the security, on the brain you can set it to auto arm mode. This will automatically arm the car when the doors lock, but when you unlock it you have a minute or so to start the car before the alarm goes off, because the Key Fob does not turn off the alarm. Also when the alarm is activated by the Key Fob you can set weather or not you want the car to honk. It defaults to no honk when armed. Let me know if this helps or if you have any other questions.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:40 AM

absolutely perfect! thank you sir for your help!

ok, so i can just go to the dealer and ask for a new brain so i can also receive new fobs.

thanks again for your help. it is much appreciated!
Old 07-08-2007, 08:10 AM

I am not sure if the dealer can sell just a new brain, but i found mine here on the forums and just bought it from another member. I never asked the dealer so that might be the best bet.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:04 AM

thanks so much for your help buddy.

due to the lack of replies in this forum (at first), i had made a thread in my regional as well. one of the replies was this:
Josh...I had the trunk remote but I had the dealers program the alarm to my factory remote.
looks as if ill be going to the dealer anyway on this subject.

ill post my outcome for those who too are looking for answers.

thanks again RangOs2000 for your replies and help!

Quick Reply: Factory alarm not hooked up?