S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Hacked harness

Old 06-27-2015, 11:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hacked harness

Alright guys I've looked and looked and I am still looking. I thought I could yield results a bit faster with some help if anyone has and is willing to shed some helpful light on this for me. Just bought my first S. It's a 2000. Guy had a pioneer in here. I'm an OEM guy for better or worse. So I bought an OEM ap2 radio then discovered the previous owner destryoed the OEM harness. But now I don't have sound to my speakers.

Question. Does the radio have a separate harness that connects to the main harness or is it one big harness all together?

I have found pinouts but its a royal mess under there and it will be quite a job to fix this harness not that I'm unwilling but I don't want to if I don't have to without spending alot of money.

I'm still trying to figure out how to post pics
Old 06-27-2015, 07:35 PM
oth

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

The car's harness plugs directly into the back of the headunit. To repair your harness, get a "reverse harness"
such as a Metra 71-1721 and splice to the car's harness.
It will likely be missing the two s2000-specific dash switch and mute wires, but you can either cannibalize another
harness and add the pins to the connector, or move unused pins/wires such as the rear speaker wires (if your car
hasn't had rears added).
Here's the pin diagram:

MacGyver's site lists wire colors.
Old 06-28-2015, 06:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK thanks. So it looks like it would easier to replace the whole harness since I would have to pull the harness to repair it anyway. Well thanks for that info that's pretty much exactly what I was looking for. There is a good chance I'll make my own radio sub harness should this ever need to be removed again.