S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Headunit CD button stopped working

Old 12-11-2015, 09:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Headunit CD button stopped working

The CD button on the headunit had been working. The headunit was recently taken out to switch the AUX cable. After the headunit was put back in, I can't change the stereo to CD/AUX, I can only switch between FM1, FM2, and AM. Does anyone know why this might be happening and potential solutions to fix it? Is it possible that a wire from the headunit to cd got disconnected or something? I'd really like to avoid a $100 diagnostic fee and get it fixed by a forum member. I'm in the metro NYC region, north jersey.

Thanks
Old 12-20-2015, 11:15 AM

Anyone?
Old 01-19-2016, 03:17 PM

Update. I pulled headunit out and couldn't see any wires that looked disconnected. There were two connected to the headunit. Should there be a third wire connecting to the headunit since I have a 6 cd changer? I really want to avoid bringing my car to the Honda dealer but unless someone has a suggestion for me I don't see any other alternative
Old 01-19-2016, 06:11 PM
oth

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

There should be a total of three things plugged into the back of the headunit:
1) antenna wire - this is a single large wire
2) blue 20-pin connector - this is the main headunit connector, supplies power and has speaker wires, etc.
3) white connector - this is for the trunk-mounted accessory CD changer and/or XM receiver, and would also
be the place where an aux adapter would be plugged in. I don't know if an aux adapter can be used with
the CD changer or only in place of it. The wire harness attached to this connector runs to the trunk, so
it could also be disconnected at that end rather than the headunit end.

(from http://revillusions.com/s2k/headunit_install.htm)
Old 01-22-2016, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by oth
There should be a total of three things plugged into the back of the headunit:
1) antenna wire - this is a single large wire
2) blue 20-pin connector - this is the main headunit connector, supplies power and has speaker wires, etc.
3) white connector - this is for the trunk-mounted accessory CD changer and/or XM receiver, and would also
be the place where an aux adapter would be plugged in. I don't know if an aux adapter can be used with
the CD changer or only in place of it. The wire harness attached to this connector runs to the trunk, so
it could also be disconnected at that end rather than the headunit end.

(from http://revillusions.com/s2k/headunit_install.htm)
Thank you for the help. Expecting a huge snow storm tomorrow so if I get bored Ill open her up and give it a look. I'm really hoping this helps me get the problem fixed.

You mentioned that you're not sure if the AUX adapter can be used with a CD changer. Not sure what you mean by that, but when I bought the car it had both a 6 disc changer in the hidden compartment along with an AUX wire. The previous owner who had it installed put a little black box that allows me to change between CD and AUX. I can post pictures if that helps.