S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

HELP! Pass. Window not working after install

Old 09-01-2005, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down HELP! Pass. Window not working after install

First thanks to all those who helped me out with the various install guides and forum postings on installing a new stereo.

I just finished installing: HU, Polk Components in the doors (with the cross overs in the trunk), S-PODS, and an amp in the spare tire well.

Attempted to do a test of the connectivity before screwing everything down to the final locations only to find out that the Passenger door does not respond to either of the controls. Everything else looks to work, just not the passenger window.

I routed two (one for the tweeter, the other for the woofer) twisted 16 AWG monster wire feeds through the rubber pipe in to the door. I don't remember catching on any wires as I feed them through.

Does any body have any ideas? Or even better the Electronics Trouble Shooting manual?

I have everything plugged back in, except for the driver side seat's connector. Just hoping that it was something needing to be connected
Old 09-01-2005, 03:28 PM

Did you check to make sure you don't have the passenger window lock enabled on the driver's side?
Old 09-01-2005, 03:44 PM

Unhappy

Originally Posted by DaPutster,Sep 1 2005, 03:28 PM
Did you check to make sure you don't have the passenger window lock enabled on the driver's side?
Hello my name is Eric, I'm an idiot.

Man I thought I flipped EVERY switch I could find, except I missed that little one on the driver side door, you know the window lock out

Maybe I should have waited a bit longer before installing the system, you know maybe after I am used to the car first.....

Again THANKS!!!!!
Old 09-01-2005, 04:05 PM

Trust me when I say, "I know how you feel". We all hit that switch one time or another & don't think of it.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:17 PM

lol i remember the first time that happened to me hehe. You are not alone
Old 09-02-2005, 12:52 AM

True that, Same thing happened to me after I installed my setup
Old 09-02-2005, 05:30 AM

I also lost control of the pass side window after install. However, it was not the lock out sw on the driver's door but rather the connector at the door jamb (behind the kick panel). I was going nuts testing continuity on every wire at the connector and again at their terminal points in the door and everything checked out. When I reconnected the harness, it all came back. Weird.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

done it too. it locks out the drivers window too, which is lame. I went ahead a removed the panel. When i got to unpluggin the switch console, i realized the button was set to off.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:42 PM

Did the same thing. Even went so far as to take the doors apart trying to trouble shoot it. It was starting to rain and I was in a panic. Eventually spotted the switch and everthing worked.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:06 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

That's nothing. How many stories are posted here from new owners who cannot figure out where the release is to put gas in the car?

Quick Reply: HELP! Pass. Window not working after install