S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Honda OEM Security System

Old 05-24-2014, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda OEM Security System

Hi,

I just bought a 2005 S2000 that only came with one key (no fob). I have a couple of questions (that might seem dumb, but I'm going to ask).

Does my car come with power door lock? If so, can I get an oem key fob to lock and unlock the doors?
What is the best way to get an addition key for my car?
Does my car come with a factory security system or does the oem security system come separately?

I am trying to figure out what direction to go with either buying a factory security system (if I don'i already have one) or an aftermarket system.

Thanks for your input!
Old 05-24-2014, 09:58 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by KAS2K
Hi,

I just bought a 2005 S2000 that only came with one key (no fob). I have a couple of questions (that might seem dumb, but I'm going to ask).

Does my car come with power door lock? If so, can I get an oem key fob to lock and unlock the doors?
Does my car come with a factory security system or does the oem security system come separately?

I am trying to figure out what direction to go with either buying a factory security system (if I don'i already have one) or an aftermarket system.

Thanks for your input!
As standard, the S2000 comes with:
2 master keys
1 valet key
2 remotes
No alarm, even as an option.

Talk to a dealer about getting a full complement of keys and remotes.
Also be aware that, as this time, somebody somewhere has two keys and two remotes that can unlock and start your car.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Hi,

Thanks for your input!
I have an 04 and should be the same as your 05.

Keys include 1 special key with S2000 logo, 1 standard black honda key, 1 grey valet key, and two door lock/unlock key fobs that lock/unlock and have panic.
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...INATION+SWITCH

The factory S2k did not come with an alarm, but there is (not sure if you can still get them) an oem security system. Not sure how good it is.

You can get the keys and fob at any dealer or online dealer (search for majestic honda parts etc). Stuff is legit oem Honda at a good savings %
http://www.handa-accessories.com/s2000-04elect.html

Best advice for a security system: never leave your car outside overnight, and don't drive and park in any suspicious areas.

Enjoy!
Old 05-28-2014, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by Elistan
Originally Posted by KAS2K' timestamp='1400952571' post='23174134
Hi,

Thanks for your input!
As standard, the S2000 comes with:
2 master keys
1 valet key
2 remotes
No alarm, even as an option.

Talk to a dealer about getting a full complement of keys and remotes.
Also be aware that, as this time, somebody somewhere has two keys and two remotes that can unlock and start your car.
Thanks for the info!
Old 05-28-2014, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by RTZX9R
Originally Posted by KAS2K' timestamp='1400952571' post='23174134
Hi,

Thanks for your input!
I have an 04 and should be the same as your 05.

Keys include 1 special key with S2000 logo, 1 standard black honda key, 1 grey valet key, and two door lock/unlock key fobs that lock/unlock and have panic.
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...INATION+SWITCH

The factory S2k did not come with an alarm, but there is (not sure if you can still get them) an oem security system. Not sure how good it is.

You can get the keys and fob at any dealer or online dealer (search for majestic honda parts etc). Stuff is legit oem Honda at a good savings %
http://www.handa-accessories.com/s2000-04elect.html

Best advice for a security system: never leave your car outside overnight, and don't drive and park in any suspicious areas.

Enjoy!
Thanks for the info and sites!
Old 05-28-2014, 04:59 AM

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

The OEM alarm was offered as a "dealer installed accessory". I bought one through one of the online dealers (hardtopguy or handaparts) and installed it myself WAAAAAAAAY back in 2002. Easy install using factory harness plugs, no cutting/splicing of wires like a typical aftermarket alarm install. It lacks the bells/whistles of the aftermarket, but it's a reliable, if basic, alarm.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by jeffbrig
The OEM alarm was offered as a "dealer installed accessory". I bought one through one of the online dealers (hardtopguy or handaparts) and installed it myself WAAAAAAAAY back in 2002. Easy install using factory harness plugs, no cutting/splicing of wires like a typical aftermarket alarm install. It lacks the bells/whistles of the aftermarket, but it's a reliable, if basic, alarm.
So would you recommend it? I'm not looking for something really fancy, and I want to keep install simple. Since I only have the main S2000 master key and no key fobs, I thought it would be a good option since it comes with two key fobs.

I have installed aftermarket security systems before (with remote start... yes even on a manual tranny, windows up/dowm, kill switch, etc.), but I was thinking that I didn't want to have to splicing and soldering the factory wiring harness of my S2000
Old 05-28-2014, 07:25 AM

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

So would you recommend it? I'm not looking for something really fancy, and I want to keep install simple. Since I only have the main S2000 master key and no key fobs, I thought it would be a good option since it comes with two key fobs.

I have installed aftermarket security systems before (with remote start... yes even on a manual tranny, windows up/dowm, kill switch, etc.), but I was thinking that I didn't want to have to splicing and soldering the factory wiring harness of my S2000
I'm perfectly happy with it. I'm not one of those people that feel like I need to be paged or have a 175 decibel siren wail. This one unlocks and locks the doors, flashes a "don't steal me" LED, and honks the horn if someone opens a door/trunk or breaks the glass. That's everything I need in an alarm. Oh, and has a panic button. It does exactly what it's designed to do. If that's all you need out of an alarm, it's a far better choice than a cheapo alarm. I mean, mine's been in 12 years worth of florida summer heat, and works just like the day it was installed. That level of OEM reliability is important to me. I've had cars with old aftermarket alarms that false all the time, and that's just a giant headache.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I believe you can add a siren, as the unit appears to have a switch between horn and siren. Check out the install instructions... though you'd need to tap into the wiring on the alarm to lead to a stand alone siren as it is factory set to connect to the horn wiring.

http://www.handa-accessories.com/S20...0security5.pdf
Old 05-28-2014, 09:57 AM

$121 for Keyless entry? That's a lot. I also got my S with only one key. Been meaning to research this topic also, to get keyless entry. My E36 doesn't have keyless either so I guess I just got used to it.

Quick Reply: Honda OEM Security System