S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

i'm alive and ok.

Old 08-31-2005, 01:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default i'm alive and ok.

thank you so much for all the calls and concern... i love you EJ's!

going to be quick, much to do.

me and my family are all ok. minor roof damage as a branch fell from one of my trees and put a 6 inch hole in my roof and bedroom ceiling. we have some very big oak trees on my lot at the house (you can see them in my sig file). we're thanking God they didn't fall. it's patched, and i'm pretty sure ok. lots of miscellaneous trouble, but all in all ok. power down, but back now. S is fine too.

family is all ok. thank God.
best we can tell, my parent's house in NO is one of the few areas w/o water. last we heard, from nearby neighbors who rode the storm, no major damage and no water in the house. my parents are here with me.
my sister and family are in Tx. w/ her husband's family. her house was in Slidell, we tried to get there today, but was unable. damage in that area is massive, but she was far North (above I-12) in that city, so we are hopeful.
my wife's Dad's family and brother's family are ok, and after riding the storm are now fleeing the Covington area. we still have not heard from my wife's mother. she lives very far out in the country, so all services are probably gone. Audra's Dad is going to try and find out how they are. we're worried, but she's far inland and has a good house.
all reports from Hancock County in Mississippi are horrible and leave us in dismay. our family had a summer home in Waveland there for 60 years 3 blocks off the beach. reports are no standing buildings for miles away from the beach. it breaks our heart as many family heirlooms were there, along with a home my grandfather and great grandfather built. it survived Camille, but we're expecting the worst.

P
Old 08-31-2005, 01:29 PM

Received 383 Likes on 285 Posts

Thank God you are alright. You will be in my prayers dealing with this, and I hope everyone in your family is alright.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:32 PM

thanks...

i feel like i'm constantly bordering on tears. New Orleans was my home for almost 22 years before i moved to BR.

all prayers are appreciated, but my woes are minimal compared to so many. this is a disaster beyond comprehension or expression.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:40 PM
Former Moderator

Nice to have ya back. I actually put up a a PJK3 Status post, but it was at the same time as yours.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:41 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

But how is your CAR!?

J/K man. Iam glad you are OK, and that your family was impacted so minimaly in such a wide-reaching disaster.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to see everyone survived in good shape. There are thing that money can't replace...for everything else, there's insurance companies.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:34 PM

thank God just about everything was insured. we're not 100% sure about the summer home. due to proximity to the beach, it is uninsurable for flooding, but was insured for storms, wind, fire, etc. we're unsure of how that will be evaluated.

thank you William... we tried to get to my sister's house, but simply couldn't make it. we may try later this weekend.

oh, and the S? she's FINE. sporting a brand 'new' Fuji exhaust that we put on Saturday too....
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=316941

when we arranged to put this on, no one had realized quite how bad this storm was going to be... these things can change overnight or in a matter of hours...
Old 08-31-2005, 03:09 PM

Phil-

Tell family members to file insurance claim / report ASAP. When Charley hit FL, 10 insurance companies went bankrupt before satisfying all claims (not enough liquid assets). Just trying to save you guys a HUGE headache.

Also, 2-3 months before power is supposed to be back up in NO, and even longer for potable water. Keep relative with you until get the all clear from the national guard.

John
Old 08-31-2005, 03:10 PM

Glad to hear everything's not worse.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:36 PM
Former Moderator

Received 303 Likes on 282 Posts

Glad to hear you and the Family are OK.

Quick Reply: i'm alive and ok.