S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Modifry Dash Bracket &.....

Old 01-07-2015, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modifry Dash Bracket &.....

Hey guys, I'm a newbie. I've researched the topics on Modifry & Proclip as well as others. Like the idea of the placement of the Modifry bracket/on dash/out of the way. Pro clip USA has a new mount system. The IOauto Pro! A magnetic ball with adhesive to your phone, swivels in any position. http://www.proclipusa.com/targetsections/ioauto-universal-phone-holders.aspx<<< Anyone have a clue if it would be compatible with the Modifry bracket??
Old 01-07-2015, 07:40 PM

Hey, why not get the modifry dash bracket with universal phone holder?
its actually a clean setup and doesnt interfere with anything else.

welcome to s2ki
Old 01-08-2015, 07:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fastguy82
Anyone have a clue if it would be compatible with the Modifry bracket??
Looks like it uses a standard mount hole pattern. Odds are if it works with a ProClip vehicle mount it will work with the Modifry bracket.

Originally Posted by Seanix
There are a number of possible options that one can use. Preferences vary. The iOauto also looks like it is clean and wouldn't interfere.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Seanix

welcome to s2ki

I had that setup but didn't like it. The bracket doesn't mount flush even with cutting the inside of the dash and the universal holder didn't hold the phone very well. My phone fell off on a few occasions.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a modifry dash bracket and took it off and never touched it again after a day. It was too close to the shifter with the phone on. So I use a kenu airframe vent clip and it's way better.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by stupkid
I had a modifry dash bracket and took it off and never touched it again after a day. It was too close to the shifter with the phone on. So I use a kenu airframe vent clip and it's way better.
I also use the Kenu Airframe and I really like it. Only downside is that if you have the heat on it heats up the phone but I just close the vent off.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:18 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by stupkid
it's fine if you're not charging. w/the phone in the vertical position, the plug and cord are pretty close to the shifter.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:51 PM

I find that you have to trim the plastic at a pretty steep angle inwards to get the dash to fit a little more flush.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Trustd_1

it's fine if you're not charging. w/the phone in the vertical position, the plug and cord are pretty close to the shifter.
My phone is always charging when it's on there vertically lol. Never gets in my way. I installed extra outlets around the car and have one behind the dash for charging. I run a wire from it to my phone and it works fine.
Old 01-13-2015, 04:03 PM

How do you guys like the vent clips? I was thinking about buying to try it out but I was hesitant because I enjoy they AC.

Quick Reply: Modifry Dash Bracket &.....