S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Nexus 7 4g LTE Tablet Dash mount in progress

Old 11-25-2013, 01:53 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Nexus 7 4g LTE Tablet Dash mount in progress

so i just start modding the bezel to fit the tablet in today.
it's turned out perfect fitting for the tablet.
below is some pictures after modded n fitted.

so i already figure out all the wirings n software ,apps that r needed for the install.
i got the tablet root, custom android 4.4 rom with a custom kernel that can charge n usb host with a falsh drive.
it means that i can stick a sd card for the tablet to read,like playing movie or music while charging.

n so apps that can fully works with ignition on/off auto turn on , gps, mobile data, blue tooth ,n when ignition off, it will auto turns everything off, n put it into air plane mode n deep sleep, so the battery will last very long in sleep mode.

but i need to gather some infos of how to start cutting the dash, anyone willing to share some infos of cutting the dash?
like where do i start cutting? any messuremen where start from till end? diemension??

any questions feel free to ask.
thx all.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TIMUR USB MOD!!!

Im doing this also and have question reguarding the cutting location also! hopefully someone chime in with the answer on where to cut.

Where are you located btw?
Old 11-27-2013, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by thait
TIMUR USB MOD!!!

Im doing this also and have question reguarding the cutting location also! hopefully someone chime in with the answer on where to cut.

Where are you located btw?
Tim's kernel. Doesn't work on 2013 model.
It only work on 2012 model with android 4.2
the one i an doing it's with a whole new 2013 lte model.
Android 4.4 kitkat..
Lots of hacks on the software.
Also i am using sygic the navigation, i can route thr best routes just like. Google gps++ speed camera warms n stuff lol.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:39 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Where did you get the bezel from?
Old 11-30-2013, 11:21 AM

Gotunning
Old 12-04-2013, 12:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There was a thread of how they cut the dash for the bezel floating around. Would have to search a bit. I will see if I can find it.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/index.php...&f=26&t=380397

Quick search yielded this. I find the best way would be to make a template of the back of the bezel. Then tape said template to your dash and cut after you've centered everything. If you are worried about the tabs not fitting correctly, cut about an 1/8" smaller and trim as needed.

The link in the thread I posted showed amother member taping the dash also for cleanliness and prevents possible damage to the rest of the dash.

Your project looks great so far. I hope you have devised a plan of security so it won't get yanked out easily.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's the app you're using in the 3rd picture, that makes large buttons and provides heading direction and temperature?
Old 12-05-2013, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by aeonracer
What's the app you're using in the 3rd picture, that makes large buttons and provides heading direction and temperature?
Torque pro.
Cost a few bucks. But i can always crack these little bastards out for no cost.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by bendang2005
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/index.php...&f=26&t=380397

Quick search yielded this. I find the best way would be to make a template of the back of the bezel. Then tape said template to your dash and cut after you've centered everything. If you are worried about the tabs not fitting correctly, cut about an 1/8" smaller and trim as needed.

The link in the thread I posted showed amother member taping the dash also for cleanliness and prevents possible damage to the rest of the dash.

Your project looks great so far. I hope you have devised a plan of security so it won't get yanked out easily.
I don't think there is anything can proven ,the car can be targeted nomatter what.
As for the thread u post, still doesn't seen to help much,
But i did saw a thread by uk owners a while back.
It had really nice picture angles with some instructions of where to tape n start cutting,also they had some back plate that can be bolt to the bezel trim.
Can't find it.

Quick Reply: Nexus 7 4g LTE Tablet Dash mount in progress