S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Which plug is for what? Rear of 2008 stock radio

Old 02-01-2013, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which plug is for what? Rear of 2008 stock radio

I'm looking into getting an iPhone adapter from GTA Car Kits (http://www.gtacarkits.com/honda_s200...09_car_kit.php).

The kit is supposed to plug into an empty spot on the back of the radio but mine does not have an empty spot.

Does anyone know what each of the plugs pictured below are for? What will I lose if I unplug the non-main chord (white one I think)?

Thanks for the help!

Plugs:

Where they plug in:

Plugged in:
Old 02-01-2013, 04:39 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Do you have the CD changer? The 14 pin plug is usually for that.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:25 PM

I don't believe I have the cd changer. If it was in the car, it would be visible in the trunk, correct? Not behind the seats or any panelling.

Silly question, I know, but the car is new to me and I'm still figuring it all out
Old 02-04-2013, 05:03 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I did some checking on ISIS, does your car have XM? They use the 14 pin plug for either XM or a CD Changer. If it has neither, you have the wiring already there, the 14 pin is not necessary for regular audio.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:32 PM

Ok - thank you very much for checking and looking into this.

I'm pretty sure I don't have either XM or the CD changer. Maybe the original owner did at some point I guess.

Looks like I'm good to go on getting the GTA Car kit for the iPhone then.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Former Moderator

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the wiring and mine didn't come with a cd changer or XM, I'm not sure if all of them have it or if started later on.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:16 PM

Thanks for the confirmation. I haven't tried unplugging it yet to verify nothing gets disconnected. Hopefully I can do this test soon so I can move on the GTA car kit.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:47 PM
Former Moderator

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The easier way to do this is or at least I thought it was easier for routing the wires and device was I used the CD changer plug in the trunk and installed the device behind the drivers seat with the cable coming out of the vents back there.

The white plug that's in the back of the deck goes back to the trunk just to the left of the spare tire roughly in the middle. I think it had a little cap or something like that. It's a female plug just like the back of the radio.

I have the USA spec device, my cable from the device to phone is crapping out so I decided to get an Alpine and do the modifry DCI mod. Actually waiting for the new Alpines to come out next month but I already have the DCI lol.

I have an iPhone 5 and don't really like using the adapter either
Old 02-09-2013, 05:40 AM

Hmmm. Not a bad idea. Ill dig around in the trunk for the plug - would probably be easier to stick the adapter back there rather than behind the radio.

Thanks for the idea!
Old 02-09-2013, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by macr88
The easier way to do this is or at least I thought it was easier for routing the wires and device was I used the CD changer plug in the trunk and installed the device behind the drivers seat with the cable coming out of the vents back there.

The white plug that's in the back of the deck goes back to the trunk just to the left of the spare tire roughly in the middle. I think it had a little cap or something like that. It's a female plug just like the back of the radio.

I have the USA spec device, my cable from the device to phone is crapping out so I decided to get an Alpine and do the modifry DCI mod. Actually waiting for the new Alpines to come out next month but I already have the DCI lol.

I have an iPhone 5 and don't really like using the adapter either
We're veering off from the original topic, but I would add that if you're getting a new head unit to hook up an ipod/iphone, definitely consider a head unit with a rear usb port. Most Alpines only have a front port - not sure about the new models. When I got my Alpine 133BT last year, I initially connected my iphone through bluetooth, but I finally got fed up with the finicky behavior and lower sound quality, and have since gone back to the USB connection. The problem is that the radio door can't close with a standard USB cable plugged into the front port. I solved it by getting a low profile right angle USB connector from angledcable.com, but it's not ideal. It required cutting a groove in the alpine bezel to route the wire back behind the HU, and even then the radio door *barely* closes. If I were to do it over again, I'd get a HU with a rear USB and not bother with bluetooth at all.

Also, the chunky iphone 5 adapter doesn't have to hang directly off the phone. Apple sells an (expensive) dock connector to lightning cable, too. It makes it possible to hide the chunky part of the adapter and just run out the small lightning connector out to the phone.
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD...-02-m?fnode=45
There are third party versions of the same cable, too, but not all of them have audio output, so keep that in mind. (The apple adapters have a built in DAC which sends an analog line out signal to the dock connector.)

Quick Reply: Which plug is for what? Rear of 2008 stock radio