S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Radio code help

Old 04-08-2021, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio code help

2007 S2000 Radio Issue. CODE
Discontented the battery over the winter and recently reconnected it. Radio worked fine before and now I'm getting "code." Pressed the 1 and 6 then power and got the number off the radio.

Ran it through radio-navicode.honda.com and it gave me 17 codes to try...none work.

Brought it to two Honda dealerships and all gave me the same codes. We tried all again and none worked.

Called Honda. They gave me the same codes and none worked.

ANY help would be appreciated here.
Old 04-08-2021, 07:18 PM

Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by TheManPole
2007 S2000 Radio Issue. CODE
Discontented the battery over the winter and recently reconnected it. Radio worked fine before and now I'm getting "code." Pressed the 1 and 6 then power and got the number off the radio.

Ran it through radio-navicode.honda.com and it gave me 17 codes to try...none work.

Brought it to two Honda dealerships and all gave me the same codes. We tried all again and none worked.

Called Honda. They gave me the same codes and none worked.

ANY help would be appreciated here.
From my experience, if you dont enter the serial correctly it will spit out incorrect data. Did you only enter the last 8 digits of your serial? I had the same problem by initially entering the wrong serial, not truncating it properly.

Here was my unit, I had to drop everything before the "4"
Old 04-09-2021, 02:40 PM

Yeah. I haven't pulled the radio. I just got the last 8 digits from the 1 and 6 button and power on method. Checked and re-checked about 10 times to make sure that was the right serial.
Old 04-09-2021, 04:01 PM

Hmm... and none of the 17 codes are working? My only last option would be to pull it out halfway to get the actual serial and try it that way. Maybe it spits out a different number.
I'd imagine they have an algorithm that spits out codes based on what you enter. And the serial on the top may not match what the unit is showing.
Keep us posted though I'm interested to hear what happens.

Old 04-13-2021, 04:04 PM

I gave Honda a call the other day (1-888-528-7876) and explained my issue. They were very receptive and also gave me the same codes. I went through each code with them on the phone and were dumbfounded. They opened a help ticket and got back to me today. They reached out to Clarion (manufacturer of stock radio) who provided them with a code not in any of their lists. The code WORKED.
Old 04-13-2021, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by TheManPole
I gave Honda a call the other day (1-888-528-7876) and explained my issue. They were very receptive and also gave me the same codes. I went through each code with them on the phone and were dumbfounded. They opened a help ticket and got back to me today. They reached out to Clarion (manufacturer of stock radio) who provided them with a code not in any of their lists. The code WORKED.
Awesome! That's so weird. Clarion probably has a skeleton key or something that works on all of them. Maybe the radio was programmed incorrectly from Clarion and doesn't match the serial number on the case, probably more likely than Honda's algorithm being wonky. Either way glad its resolved. This is a nice thread to keep archived in case someone else has this problem and is pulling their hair out.