S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Stock Stereo Doesn't Play Burned CD's

Old 11-17-2000, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone gotten the stock stereo to play computer burned CD's? I recorded some songs on my computer and the CD plays on my home stereo and my Pioneer in my other car, but the Honda stereo just spits out the cd after a few seconds. Maybe I can change the format that I recorded it in? Anyone have a similar experience.
Old 11-17-2000, 03:43 PM

Originally posted by Gunfighter73:
Has anyone gotten the stock stereo to play computer burned CD's? I recorded some songs on my computer and the CD plays on my home stereo and my Pioneer in my other car, but the Honda stereo just spits out the cd after a few seconds. Maybe I can change the format that I recorded it in? Anyone have a similar experience.
Did you close the CD session. Standard CD players will not play a CD w/o the cd closed. The stock player does play CDRs. Don't know about CDRWs
Old 11-17-2000, 03:48 PM

I have had good luck with home-brewed CDs. I use Adaptec's Easy CD Creator 4.0 and utilize the DAO option. My burner is an internal Philips Omniwriter 3610. My case is that the CDs will either play OK everywhere or will add to my ever-growing coaster collection.

It is also my understanding that closing the session is the only way to hear an audio CD, and re-writeable discs only work as data discs not audio CDs.

-John

[This message has been edited by JGSS2K (edited November 17, 2000).]
Old 11-17-2000, 05:46 PM

Received 117 Likes on 78 Posts

I have only played burned cd's. no problem.

Jim
Old 11-17-2000, 06:38 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

Yup .. no problem. I use Adaptec EasyCD Creator or Nero.

There's another application.. I think it's WaveLab that allows you to equalize the sound volume of all your files so you get no extremes in volume from track to track across your CD.

[This message has been edited by Muz (edited November 17, 2000).]
Old 11-17-2000, 09:04 PM

gunfighter
If this happens with all your CDR's maybe try using a different brand of CDR...
thicknesses, though minute may vary and be enough to JOG your cd player back into action allowing the laser to properly read the disc...
and yes it MUST be a closed session CD...
btw, does it work on ANY? CDR's you have or just that one?...ya might have scratched the TOC area on the inside edge otherwise... just another idea...

Muz
I see you use either NERO or Adaptec CD creator....have you observed any conflicts with them on your PC....I ummmmm
have come across a copy of the Nero 4.0.7.5...

BUT am having serious issues trying to get it installed....just can't seem to get the damn thing to work?

does nero HAVE to be installed or can I run it off the app program on the harddrive only?....
also which do ya think is better?...
the above version of Nero or Adaptec cd creator 3.5????
thanks
Old 11-18-2000, 04:34 AM

Plays audio CD-Rs fine - maybe those CDs are data CDs?
Old 11-18-2000, 06:52 AM

Ours plays burned CDs OK but seems more prone to skipping? Using Nero and an HP drive. Any suggestions on that front?
Old 11-18-2000, 06:58 AM

Thanks everyone for the help. I'll try some better quality CDRs.
Old 11-18-2000, 08:14 AM
Former Moderator

I have found that different drives even of the same model have different quirks. I only use blue or silver CDR's the gold ones for me are almost always coasters. Likewise my friend with same drive and software has the opposite problem. My preference is Adaptec EZ cd. I have found it to be bug proof ( with current updates) and haven't toasted a cd since. I'm not sure about the software but sometimes a problem with a cd playing is due to track spacing and this usually can be adjusted.

Quick Reply: Stock Stereo Doesn't Play Burned CD's